• VIP
Hi Louise,
I am so sorry to hear that you had such a bad time when you rang the council, that is not right and I think that I would be tempted to lodge a complaint. The DFG is not means tested for children so your income should not even be a consideration.
Unfortunatly I think your OT is right. If you want a room next to your daughter and there is an option in the house, even if it means moving your other children into a room you feel is not safe, then they will expect you to do that.
However the DFG policy for your area, in what they will and will not provide is a public record and you have the right to have a look at a copy and decide for yourself whether you think what you want sits within the poilicy. If it does, start fighting. If not, then you will have to look at other options, these DFG people are soooo wrapped up in policy its unreal!
I think the starting point is to look at the policy and then decide what you want which fits that, then fight for it.
Hope this helps some - Keep going / fighting, it'll be worth it in the end.

Maria

• VIP
We are in the process of a DFG to have a downstairs toilet and shower put in for Ben
good luck

• Administrators
So the upstairs room is a loft conversion?
If so i know this is a funny question but what is the height of the room in there?
Looking for sensory toys at affordable prices then look no further

Sensory toys for children with special needs CLICK HERE

• VIP
(07-05-2011, 03:32 PM)Daniel Wrote: So the upstairs room is a loft conversion?
If so i know this is a funny question but what is the height of the room in there?

Its tall enough to stand up in, but could really do with a dormer, a) so there is more room and b) for a window! Have had a letter from social services too saying no!

• Administrators
In order to get the possible loophole im looking for could you measure the height and width Big Grin
Looking for sensory toys at affordable prices then look no further

Sensory toys for children with special needs CLICK HERE