• VIP
aww bec, is ur social worker helpful? do u get help with ur children? i find havin 2 hard on my own let alone 3 x big hugs 2 u hun xxxxxx
Heart my 2 boys so much

• VIP
Hi,
Im a single mum to 3 children aged 4, 3 and 1
My eldest has autism and I and watching my youngest like a hawk at the mo as Im terrified he will have it too. I can just about cope with the 3 of them at the moment but the possibility of having 2 autistic children scares the hell out of me Sad
My 3yo daughter finds it hard being in the middle and having to cope with her big brothers condition, I find she has had to grow up quickly for her age.
Their father and I split when youngest was 8 weeks old. He visits when he can and we are civil. Sadly he is not willing to accept that our eldest has and needs so he is unaware of the diagnosis.
hugs to all the mums going it alone, I think your all doing great xXx

• Administrators
(02-19-2010, 09:06 AM)polomaplus3 Wrote: Sadly he is not willing to accept that our eldest has and needs so he is unaware of the diagnosis.
It seems a frequent occurance of fathers not believing there child could have an issue.
As a dad myself i cant understand why?
Anybody have any ideas why?
Looking for sensory toys at affordable prices then look no further

Sensory toys for children with special needs CLICK HERE

• VIP
(02-19-2010, 10:37 PM)Daniel Wrote:
(02-19-2010, 09:06 AM)polomaplus3 Wrote: Sadly he is not willing to accept that our eldest has and needs so he is unaware of the diagnosis.
It seems a frequent occurance of fathers not believing there child could have an issue.
As a dad myself i cant understand why?
Anybody have any ideas why?

With Noah's father its seems to be a male pride issue. Its almost as if he isnt willing to accept that he "made" a child with special needs. Prefering to believe Noah merley suffers from delayed speech which his family has a history of. Failing to see that Noah struggles with so many other issues aswell. He constantly says that all Noah need is "time". If only it were that simple.
We split up ultimatley for other reasons but deep down I knew whilst we were together I could never have been able to continue with Noahs assesments and get the diagnosis that we have. Which would have meant that Noah would never have gotten the help he needs. Im hoping that one day soon he will come to realise in his own time and then maybe willing to accept it. Untill then I wont be discussing it with him, may seem harsh and "sneeky" but they have a good relationship and I dont want that to change.

• Registered
Hi Im a single mother to 3 children as well they are 10, 9 and 2yrs old. My youngest (daughter) has ASD (not officially diagnosed) and my 10 yr old has epilepsy. I just recently split up with their father. Somedays I feel fine about it and other days like today I feel like kicking someone lolConfused
Life's not about waiting for the storm to pass...It's about learning to dance in the rain.