• Banned
Daniel is currently on the list for SALT , he moved to this school last year january, after fighting for 3 years to get him there, he goes to redburn in kildrum. before this he attended glencryan special school.

• Registered
(01-20-2010, 09:09 PM)Karen Wrote: Daniel is currently on the list for SALT , he moved to this school last year january, after fighting for 3 years to get him there, he goes to redburn in kildrum. before this he attended glencryan special school.

Ohh, that's awful that you had to fight that long to get him moved, unfortunately, I hear this all the time from people I speak to online and who I know. Glad you got him where he belongs in the end. I keep getting told "those who shout loudest get the help".

I presumed when you said his speech was coming on that he was getting SALT just now. How long do you think you'll have to wait?? Calum's never had SALT either, he will get it if he goes to the unit. Most of what he says he's just picked up from us or nursery and he's adapted it to get across what he wants, most of the time we have to use our crystal ball LOL.
I need a large one 54

• Banned
his speech has came along because the school has introduced the PECS system to him as he communicates through pictures and words.

• Registered
(01-20-2010, 09:16 PM)Karen Wrote: his speech has came along because the school has introduced the PECS system to him as he communicates through pictures and words.

Oh yeah, we hadn't used cards up until now, but recently I've been using the cards for his daily routine, so he knows what's happening now and next, as he's more aware now he won't just take what we say as gospel, like he'll say, go to nursery today?? I'll show him on the wall when in the day he's going, like breakfast first, then dressed, then nursery. Stops his tantrums.

I made up my cards off the internet, I'll pm you where I got them from if you want, as its not for general use.
I need a large one 54

• Banned
yeah thats what we use its finding a variety of them, yes please.