• Established member
awww hun i wish i could come and give you a huge hug. your the best mum in the world and you knw that. even though our children are same but different here (if you knw what i mean) i wish i can advice you which agency to go, but im fairly new to all this myself and just got my son statemented after 7 years of fighting for help for him at school. all i can suggest is home start, sure start advice centre/ citizens advice centre,GP, i have a parent partnership agency where i live who helped to arrange meeting etc,, and eventually i even got in touch with my local mp who make a huge impact on the process and eventually got adam statmented. dont give up honney, i felt like giving up so many times, and even though i didnt have anyone to help me back up and fight back, do it. knock on all the doors you need to even if youve been sent there 10 times before. i was like a yoyo knocking on doors of all the agencies, doctors and professionals, i was from pillar to post trying to get help for my son, and i got it in the end. if you think he has adhd, fight for it and dont give up, i was told for 7 years theres nothing wrong with my son, thi swas from educational pyschologists, consultants, doctors, speech language therapist, eventually 1 headmaster made all the difference and recognised aadams issues, which got the ball rolling.. so there is someone out there to listen but you just have to find that 1 person and itll make all the difference. so recheck and have his assesed for it again. make records of his behavior if you need to. and dont give up, keep going. i
im sorry im not able to give a specific support agency for your son and you, but my words and ears (or eyes should i say) are here for you always.....best of luck and let me know how things go....xxx

• Established member
Thankyou for the advice. I will contact social services. I ended up phoning my sons old SEN pre school teacher and she has advised me to get a referral back to his paed to discuss his ongoing behaviour issues and the possibility of something to help him sleep.

Last night was bad again, think i managed all of about 3 hours sleep.

• Established member
And no, i dont have any family and not any friends that can help.

• Registered
do you have any sensory things in his room ie fairy netted lights on the celing, bubble tubes, fibre optic lights ect as my daughter didnt sleep and still doesnt but she happliy lies in her bed now looking at all the colourful things, i have found they are very relaxing to watch and very mood calming. maybe just an idea i did alot of the sensory stuff myself ie led lights and the bubble tube was brought by a childrens charity xxx

• VIP
happy birthday! being a parent is so rewarding and so rubbish too!
my son has just been given "melatonin" and is sleeping for the first time in his 4 years on the planet! i was told it would not work by the first paed. but finally got it and i works!!
i used phenergen to drug him into sleep when i was realy desperate. but it wasnt great as he didnt always sleep at the right time and left him dry mouthed think because his chewing was worse.
special needs parenting is a whole lot different - and we all do things you would not do with another child. you need a break - is there anyone who could help? if you dont have family (like me) have you tried joining an autism/ special needs support group. sometimes mums babysit each others children.try sure start "something special" they usually run through hols. x