• Registered
Hi,

I'm new to this forum so I hope you don't mind me asking for some advice. My son has a rare chromosome condition and is very delayed in his development. When I was playing with him earlier I put him down on the play mat and his eyes rolled back in his head and his arms and legs went all twitchy. He was like this for about 40 seconds then came out of it like it had never happened.

I haven't seen him do this before but my husband has said that he has seen him do this at least twice in the last couple of weeks. Do you think this is anything to worry about? (I only ask as seizures are linked to one of the chromosomes he has issues with)

Thanks for your help

Helen

• VIP
Hi there
It does sound like it could be a seizure. I think I'd take him to the dr anyway or maybe contact your paediatrician and ask for an appointment if you're not due to see them soon.
Jayne

• VIP
hi there my son has epilepsy and i agree it does sound like a mild seizure, so you should ring one of the dr's or his nurse so they can look into it more, hope it goes ok xx

• Registered
Thanks both of you for the advise. I'll give his paediatrician a call in the morning and see if she will see him.

• Registered
Hi,

As you all took the time to read my post I thought that I would let you know how we got on. Well we went for an EEG (what a nightmare that was!) But to cut a long story short we have just had the results back and he hasn't got epilepsy but his EEG came back abnormal. The letter says something about EEG dominated by posterior dominant high amplitude delta !!!!! whatever that means. I guess we will just have to wait for the appointment with his consultant. Hopefully she can tell me what it means.

Anyway, thanks for all of your help