• Established member
well, what a joke this grant is for an adaptation, the council say we could av full ammount plus an extra 5k for ground investigations, then they said we could have nothing,but we got them to change there mind (solicitor) so we can have full ammount but no extra. We have had a few builders price the job up, on avarage 50grand, but then council have said before they would release any of the grant to us we had got to get the rest of the money with proof from bank, so we have had to remorgage our house and this makes are payments way to high to be ok, but now they have sent us a letter saying before they go any further they want to see our last morgage payment and to know our outstanding balance plussthey have sent us a bill of nearly 9 grand for drawings, plans been done, 2x site visits builder did, a friggin 1.5 grand bill to pay home improvments agency at the council. and they insist that there must be a project manager on site to see it threw, can u bloody believe this, ive had it we council theymaking me ill, and its robbies life they messing we, having just spent 8wks in hospital, 3 ops in 3wks, on a life support machine to come home and live on the floor again, no chair for him no bed for him no bath seat, its a joke iam thatclose to pissin off

• VIP
Go back to your solicitor or an ombardsman, this is not right. You should not have to put yourself in financial difficulty for this. The grant is there to help and I'm sure they can't make you put yourself in financial difficulty. Seek legal advice and let us know how you go.

• VIP
That is terrible really hope that you get somewhere soon

• VIP
(06-20-2011, 01:35 AM)debskay Wrote: well, what a joke this grant is for an adaptation, the council say we could av full ammount plus an extra 5k for ground investigations, then they said we could have nothing,but we got them to change there mind (solicitor) so we can have full ammount but no extra. We have had a few builders price the job up, on avarage 50grand, but then council have said before they would release any of the grant to us we had got to get the rest of the money with proof from bank, so we have had to remorgage our house and this makes are payments way to high to be ok, but now they have sent us a letter saying before they go any further they want to see our last morgage payment and to know our outstanding balance plussthey have sent us a bill of nearly 9 grand for drawings, plans been done, 2x site visits builder did, a friggin 1.5 grand bill to pay home improvments agency at the council. and they insist that there must be a project manager on site to see it threw, can u bloody believe this, ive had it we council theymaking me ill, and its robbies life they messing we, having just spent 8wks in hospital, 3 ops in 3wks, on a life support machine to come home and live on the floor again, no chair for him no bed for him no bath seat, its a joke iam thatclose to pissin off

Hi you could ask SS to pay the shortfall ,we did.They will put a cap on your mortgage ,ours was 18,000 pounds ,we will only have to pay this back if we sell our home.

Hope that helps

• Established member
the coucil are now saying if we dont pay the bills they have given us, eg drawings, site investigation, bill from them for there work, they refuse to release any grant money. They know we are running out of time and we have been forced to pay £50 to try and extend our planning permmision, all the extras they want, we have got to pay. i wish to god i was 6ft under