• VIP
Hi all,
I already get DLA for my eldest son who has Aspergers. I recently re-applied for DLA for my youngest son (who has ADHD) after a 1yr tribunal process was turned down. Today some money has gone into my account from DLA but with a different reference number to my eldest sons payments (which isnt due til tuesday) Is this a mistake? I havent had any letters from them about my youngest sons claim and I dont know whats going on. Would they tell me over the phone?

Many thanks

Lou x

• Registered
ya if you ring them they will tell you

• Registered
(06-17-2011, 05:31 PM)loussie2 Wrote: Hi all,
I already get DLA for my eldest son who has Aspergers. I recently re-applied for DLA for my youngest son (who has ADHD) after a 1yr tribunal process was turned down. Today some money has gone into my account from DLA but with a different reference number to my eldest sons payments (which isnt due til tuesday) Is this a mistake? I havent had any letters from them about my youngest sons claim and I dont know whats going on. Would they tell me over the phone?

Many thanks

Lou x
ya if you ring them they will tell you if it has been awarded

• VIP

Many thanks

Lou x

Hiya
I had this happen when i first applied for Ashley. I checked my bank account one morning to find almost £2000 unexpectedly! (It took 4 months to process the application so there was a lot of back pay!) I rang them and they told me it had been approved, a payment had been made and a letter was on it's way. They had no problem telling me everything once they asked the usual security questions. If you have checked your bank transactions & it says DWP DLA with a different National Insurance number to your other son then it's likely to be the new award. Have you got an old DWP letter with your youngest son's NI number on? Check if it matches the NI number for this payment, that would be the quickest way to see if it's his money.
Jayne

• VIP
(06-17-2011, 05:58 PM)getthekettleon Wrote:

Many thanks

Lou x

Hiya
I had this happen when i first applied for Ashley. I checked my bank account one morning to find almost £2000 unexpectedly! (It took 4 months to process the application so there was a lot of back pay!) I rang them and they told me it had been approved, a payment had been made and a letter was on it's way. They had no problem telling me everything once they asked the usual security questions. If you have checked your bank transactions & it says DWP DLA with a different National Insurance number to your other son then it's likely to be the new award. Have you got an old DWP letter with your youngest son's NI number on? Check if it matches the NI number for this payment, that would be the quickest way to see if it's his money.
Jayne

Hi jayne, thats a really good idea. I will check the old letters. Thanks