• VIP
Hi ambie , i'm pregnant with my 3rd child as well , my eldest has no problems , my 2nd child has complex problems but they dont know what is wrong with him fully , i've been given a 1 in 4 chance of it happening again , but i've been told this is normal for them to tell you this . From what i know autism can run in families but its not always the case . Same as any problem like this there is low spectrum up wards so it would be just wait and see . I'm trying not to think to much about if this one will have problems , but as you said you know the signs to look out for and thats what i will be doing as well . I will just deal with it if any of the signs come up . Really hope you have a great pregnancy and that your new baby will bring you as much joy as your other children xxx
Single mum to a 14year old daughter and a son who is 3years old who has severe learning disability , hypotonia , hypermobility , visual impaired and sensory issues , he has showed me the meaning of life Heart and 3rd baby due 2nd of January 2012

• VIP
ah thanx meagain autism doesnt run in mine or my partners families so we dont fully understand why our beloved son has autism im going deff try and enjoy this pregnancy as this is my last baby im just worried if this baby does have autism will i be able to cope with 2 children with autism deep down i know i can and i will im just nervous at the thought but ive got all the baby clothes down from the loft 2day so im going 2 have fun 2moz going through them i cant wait hope ur pregnancy is going well when r u due? im due oct 22nd xx

• VIP
I know what you mean but way i see it at the start with my son i never thought i'd be able to cope , as i'm sure with your son it didnt show up at the start . Think my son was about 5 months when i knew something wasnt the same as other children his age . My son has never got over the age of being a 6- 9 month old so i know either way the 1st year is going to be really hard with a new baby . This is my last baby , wasnt planning this one either lol so just got my head round it now . I'm due 2nd of January , so bit longer for me to go than you ha ha xx
Single mum to a 14year old daughter and a son who is 3years old who has severe learning disability , hypotonia , hypermobility , visual impaired and sensory issues , he has showed me the meaning of life Heart and 3rd baby due 2nd of January 2012

• VIP
we didnt notice anythin with our son till he was 3 and he started a new nursery. it took uss 4 years 2 get his diagnosis which we think is stupid at the end of the day our son was the one havin a hard time. we did plan this baby as my partner is 10yrs older than me andd he didnt want 2 b changin nappies after 40 lol so here we r now im gettin very excited now as ive gone through all the baby clothes i had and i cant wait 4 him 2 arrive now r u going 2 find out what ur havin? xx

• VIP
Not sure , found out when i was having my son , part me would like to know , but then i might just wait and find out when the baby is born . I'd just cleared out my house off all baby stuff and maternity clothes , so having to get everything in again x