• VIP
Hi, we follow the gluten and casin free diet with our little one for a long time now and find it really helps keep her Crohn's Disease under control! We have also seen an improvement in her autism and we have less meltdowns. Does anyone know if we can get these foods on prescription? I have already spoken to the gastro and he said it was best to ask the GP as nothing is proven that gluten free improves Crohn's! As her Mum I would never consider giving her a norm diet as she would just have severe stomach pain and be in the toilet every half an hour!!:-(
Thank you in advance for any replies. X
Things can be hard on occasions but well worth it!Heart

• VIP
As far as I know yes you can. I have two friends with Caeliacs and they get various items through prescription. However this might be area specific, your GP would most certainly be the one to ask.
I do know the food has to be ordered in advance, its not just available, but one friend the food is for her son so its prescription charge free Smile

• VIP
That's interesting. We've been following the gf/cf diet for Jack for a fortnight now and have seen great improvements in his personality and we know that it has improved his digestion. We took it on board ourselves and haven't yet consulted with our GP or Paed as we have in the past been told that there was no scientific evidence to prove that it really works! I can't wait for them to see Jack again.
It is expensive though and I try to cook and bake everything from scratch but just to get snacks in, the milk, bread etc is busting our budget. I'm cutting back on family treats so we can do this so any help would be great - even if it was just for bread and milk! x

• VIP
I know you can get bread, but I'm not sure about milk. But like you say every little helps. They do get a few other foods too so definatly worth asking.

• Moderators
tesco have gluten free cereals 2 for £4 but guess that would even out as you use more milk but they do bob the builder pasta gluten free too if your Children like bob (is he still around??? Smile)

someone on facebook posted about asking your doctor for genius bread that they get on prescription
There comes a point in your life when you realize:Who matters,Who never did,Who won't anymore...And who always will..
So, don't worry about people from your past,there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.