• VIP
Hi,
Well its nates birthday in 3 weeks. He turns one and it's been one hell of a year. I'm completely baffled as to what to get him and wondered if I could pick your brains..
He has hypotonia so can't sit up etc, delayed eyesight, loves sounds and bright lights, on oxygen, but can hold light things, and he's delayed developmentally.
We have the usual baby stuff- mats, gyms, bouncy chairs etc. He's a big boy though and outgrowing things. So can anyone recommend anything from their own experience either from special or toy shops? I know every child is different but all advice greatly appreciated
Rach x

Mam to Thea aged 4, and Nate nearly 7 months hypotonia, breathing difficulties ( oxygen and BIPAP), dysmorphic features, undiagnosed genetically as yet.HeartHeartHeart

• VIP
Hi have you looked at the mirror on the link at top of the page , i'm looking to get my son that who will be 3 in a few weeks . Like Nat he couldnt sit at 1 years old and his eye sight is delayed only thing Cole didnt have was the oxygen . I find it even hard now to pick what to get him as his development is only about 6- 9 months but he is big boy . Does Nat like ball pits ? Cole loves anything from leap frog as well , as most of it is lights and sounds . Hope you find something for him x
Single mum to a 14year old daughter and a son who is 3years old who has severe learning disability , hypotonia , hypermobility , visual impaired and sensory issues , he has showed me the meaning of life Heart and 3rd baby due 2nd of January 2012