• VIP
I just couldn't watch it!! I find it really hard to trust people with my daughter as it is.
Things can be hard on occasions but well worth it!Heart

• VIP
I watched it last night and was in tears the whole way through it , those people are just sick for what they did and even sicked at the thought that head nurse sent so many e mails to different places and still no one listen'd think they should be taking to court as well . If i ever seen this being done to anyone i'd take the head off them . Really does make you think of what to do when your child gets to an age were its harder to deal with them :-(
Single mum to a 14year old daughter and a son who is 3years old who has severe learning disability , hypotonia , hypermobility , visual impaired and sensory issues , he has showed me the meaning of life Heart and 3rd baby due 2nd of January 2012

• VIP
I couldn't watch it nor will I ever watch it.

We always said that we would leave our children with us until we can't look after them anymore, which I'm hoping will be in our 80's (if were lucky enough).

I hope that these kind of things will not happen anymore but that's wishful thinking on my part.

Something needs to be put in place to keep an eye on the residents of all homes and care centres to make sure this NEVER happens again.
HeartHeart Stacy HeartHeart
Mother to Terry 10 MLD + ADHD, Nicole 9 Cri-du-chat Syndrome ADHD Asthma GDD Coarctation, Jessica 4 Cri-Du-Chat Syndrome GDD Reflux

• VIP
I didn't watch it as I knew how viewing it would disturb me for weeks. I know that level abuse is rare but it brings it home just how vulnerable our 'children' are.

I have an uncle who is supported in a small group home as he has mental health issues and SLD; getting anyone to listen to his complaints is like banging your head on the wall.

My mum now has POA over his finances as she doesn't trust the staff. He's always coming to my mothers telling her he wants to go to Las Vegas! and the Glastenbury festival not inc many different requests to go to concerts .i.e. Take That, Katy Perry, The Monkeys and Gerry Sinfield

The staff have taken it upon themselves and booked a holiday to Ibiza; with him and another resident - he is paying for one member of staff to go with him all inclusive and they now want more money from him to cover a 24/7 care while they are way. The home is now also asking for £1000 spending money for 1 week!

He didn't get an option if he wanted to go he was told we are going away give this to your sister to pay. His social worker is useless and refuses to take on board my mothers concerns - she thinks she is interferring hence seeking POA. Background Info: this LA actually made him homeless in 2001 when they shut his old group home and couldn't provide a hostel or alternative placement; they let him go walkabout until my mother found him 18 months ago in an horrific state in another part of the country.

I share the POA and he asked me to attended a meeting last week with them (Mother & uncle) only to be told we needed to leave - my mother argued she was his advocate and the SW told her "advocates mean nothing!!! and she had the right not to have one in the meeting".

Luckily she didn't know I'm a SW manager for the same LA; so I pulled rank. I know her manger so called him and told him about her shoddy practice. On going back into the room I was asked to leave again but gave her down the banks and cited relevant legislation and reminded her of the code of ethics she must adhere to as a SW - needless to say she was little shocked.
Good Friends are like stars;

You don't often see them ...
... but you know they're always there

• VIP
(06-02-2011, 07:14 AM)slharris28 Wrote: I couldn't watch it nor will I ever watch it.

We always said that we would leave our children with us until we can't look after them anymore, which I'm hoping will be in our 80's (if were lucky enough).

I hope that these kind of things will not happen anymore but that's wishful thinking on my part.

Something needs to be put in place to keep an eye on the residents of all homes and care centres to make sure this NEVER happens again.

I feel exactly the same as you, I just pray that we live to a good age. X
Things can be hard on occasions but well worth it!Heart