• VIP
hi everyone i called the tax credits last monday 2 renew our claim and 2 tell them we now recieve dla for our son. for the 1st time they actually had the number of children we have correct but they said that if we dont recieve a letter in 7 working days then we need 2 call a number and talk to the people they also said it could take up 2 6 weeks to recieve any tax credits payments. we dont understand why this is so as this has never happened before is this because we now recieve dla 4 our son if so why do we have 2 call a number has this happened to anyone else? x

• VIP
Yes they said same 2 me when i rang 2 weeks ago. I asume they mean you wont recieve any amended or back pay 4 appox 6 weeks coz takes that long 2 process updates. Iam going 2 have 2 ring the number coz havent recieved anything x
were all angels in waiting!!

• VIP
ive just got my award notice for this coming year and the tax credits are not paying us a single penny even thoguh we have a child with autism and he gets dla they are saying because they over paid us by £1000 in the tax year 2009-2010 they are taking the over payment back now which leaves us with no tax credits for this tax year im so angry we have our 3rd baby on the way due in october our weekly tax credits paid for our sons school meals every week our weekly essentials like bread and milk and put petrol in our car now we get nothing we dont use or sond dla for our living expenses its for our son so we put it in a bank account fot him and if he needs anything we use that money i only work 8 hours a week as my company have halfed my hours so im going get £200 a month if that which wont go very far, my partner works 50 hours a week as he does all the overtime he can get but his wages pay all the main bills and hes left with hardly £100 at the end of the month im so worried that we wont be able to survive eazch month.

can the tax credits take 100% of ur award notice to pay back an overpayment and leave you with nothing? the overpayment occured because i started work half way through the tax year so for the 1st months they are saying they over paid us i just dont understand why they are taking it back now 2 years on its so unfair im so angry and trying not to get stressed because im pregnant but ive hardly slept the last 2 nites because of this. sorry for the long rant i just need to know if the tax credits can leave us with no payments at all? x

• VIP
hi ive just recieved our new tax credit award notice for this coming year and the tax credits are not paying us a single penny because of an overpayment from 2009-2010 which they are saying is £1000. can the tax credits leave us with no money? we have our 3rd baby on the way due in october we told them we now get dla for our son but they said it dont make a difference because the over payment is £1000 and our earnings this year are over a certain amount they are taking back the money now can they do this? i only work part time which is 8 hours a week as my company have dropped my hours by half which means ill only get £200 a month if that. we used the weekly tax credits to pay for our sons school meals and the weekly essentials like bread and milk now we will get nothing. my partner works all the hours he can but his wages pay all the main bill hes left with no more than £100 at the end of the month so we are now screwed. i dont want to use our sons dla to get by that is his money we put that in a bank account for him so if he needs anything he has some money aside 2 pay for it.

can they really leave us with no money and why are they taking back the money now 2 years on im so angry im trying not to get stressed because im pregnant but ive hardly slept the last 2 nites as im so worried we wont be able to get by on what we have coming in any advice would be great xx

• VIP
does anyone know if the tax credits can leave you with no money at all?