• Registered
Hi,
I'm a newbie here.I have five children 4 boys and a girl, three of my boys have ASD and I don't get to meet very many people. I would love to chat to other parents in a similar situation.
Lisa

• VIP
Hi, I am mum to 2 children, our eldest has Autism along with other issues. She copes in mainstream with a full time LSA but has no danger awareness and our days can be very unpredictable!!!! As you are probably aware with 3 boys on the spectrum, I find it difficult with 2 children on some days! LOL
Things can be hard on occasions but well worth it!Heart

• Registered
Yep unpredictable is the key word!
My eldest boy Stanley is 16 and has Aspergers, were are having real issues with him with his exams and what he is going to do next (so much fun)
Albert is 14 and has high functioning autism (lots of teenage angst)
Then we have Matilda-Mary who is 11 and is normal yay! She's off to seniors this come September but none of her friends are going with her as the schol she is going to is one you have to pass an exam to get into.
Then we have William OMG!!! He is 3 and has autism, ADHD and dyspraxia. He is the child from hell, but so adorable too! He has to have 24 hr supervision cos he has no sense of danger, he is constantly hyper, even though he has the highest dose of melatonin he still doesn't sleep for more than 3 hrs in the evening and will then be awake till 4-5 in the morning which is when I go to bed for a couple of hrs! He is also very violent so you have to watch him with the other Children. love him to bits though!
Lastly we have Freddie who is 2 and a sweetie and so far is normal, but he does copy his brother, and because he's the smallest he is also the noisiest and naughtiest!

• VIP
Wow, you have definatly got your hands full, but its all worth it! I have aspergers myself, and i have 3 daughters, my oldest is 9 (she is not diagnosed with anything but we suspect she has ADHD), my middle is 6 and she has autism, selective mutism, hearing problems and all the associated sleep and learnig difficulties, and then the youngest is 2 and a half, she is showing some signs of ASD but as yet we havent had her assessed as we are waiting to see if maybe its more of a copying her older sister thing (which we are hoping, but im not sure it is). Anyway just wanted to say hi :-)

• VIP
Yes as above you do have your hands full!!! I bet your house and lives are very autism friendly. When was your eldest diagnosed? Do you find that autism awareness and expertise has changed between the years from your eldest and youngest? X
Things can be hard on occasions but well worth it!Heart