• VIP
Sophie came home from school on Friday with the poxs.
She's ok in herself but I am worried about the spots that are now very close to her gastrostomy site. Anyone know if I really need to be worried about them that close???
Was going to ring the CCN but been the weekend they are for emergencies only.
Sara and Sophie xxxxx

• VIP
Hi, I hope she will be ok and feeling better soon. Sorry but unable to help you with gastrostomy, I would ring even if it is emergency only because you will have to wait till Tuesday otherwise. Does she have suppressed immunity with you? My little girl does have suppressed immunity and chick pox virus can be very dangerous and cause lots of problems if caught.
Things can be hard on occasions but well worth it!Heart

• VIP
is there an out of hours number for your GP you could ring or maybe phone up NHS direct.
Hope your little girl is ok

• Registered
When my son had chicken pox I put a dressing a round his peg site to stop it rubbing the spots, I would get in touch with your local nurse when you can. Hope she stays well, my son unfortunaly landed in hospital due to him being immucompremised.

• VIP
my son had chicken pox in march and was covered,he too ended up in hospital but the fact that they were near his gastrostomy wasn't a problem,you can put calamine on them,scott had them actually on the site and there was no issue as long as it is kept clean.