• Established member
hello
my son is two and a half, a while ago my son had an mri scan, i was told the results were normal. then when i went to his hospital appointment she was reading stuff from his notes and i think by accident she told me that he had extra fluid on his brain does anyone know what this could mean.
i was also wondering how i go about getting his hospital notes.
thankyou Smile

• VIP
Hi you can write to the hospital and ask for the notes to be released . I'm sort of in same thing my son had an mri scan when he was 1 years old , they said they looked normal but didnt say they were normal , he had one again on Wednesday there which i didnt even that he was to get one . Ring and ask to be seen and tell them you want to know what is going on and what was found . They might do an other scan in a year or so to see if there is any change and then tell you what was found or not found xx
Single mum to a 14year old daughter and a son who is 3years old who has severe learning disability , hypotonia , hypermobility , visual impaired and sensory issues , he has showed me the meaning of life Heart and 3rd baby due 2nd of January 2012

• Established member
thankyou for replying
i will write to them and ask for the notes to be released, i appointment with my other son so i will ask them there aswell
thanks again xx

• VIP
Just as a side, which might make things make a little more sense. Doctors only have to tell you the bare minimum. If they feel what they see at that time makes no difference to the child they dont tell you.
My son had an MRI and I was told it was not normal but they didn't know what it would mean. I later found out they knew it was PVL, which is what you see when you have Cerebal Palsy. Our solicitor told me this is normal and not illegal. This also happened with my care whilst I was pregnant. I found out alot by getting my records.
In regards to what you've put, I think it must mean they don't feel its a problem or going to cause him major issues or they are legally bound to tell you. So be reassured.

• Established member
(06-21-2011, 08:36 PM)MariaH Wrote: Just as a side, which might make things make a little more sense. Doctors only have to tell you the bare minimum. If they feel what they see at that time makes no difference to the child they dont tell you.
My son had an MRI and I was told it was not normal but they didn't know what it would mean. I later found out they knew it was PVL, which is what you see when you have Cerebal Palsy. Our solicitor told me this is normal and not illegal. This also happened with my care whilst I was pregnant. I found out alot by getting my records.
In regards to what you've put, I think it must mean they don't feel its a problem or going to cause him major issues or they are legally bound to tell you. So be reassured.

my son had an mri scan aswell, i was also told that was normal but later on i found out he has extra fluid on his brain. i dont understand what this means because doctors wont talk about it
i also asked to see his records and was told i would be could be charged up to £100 to see them