• Registered
Hi all I am new here and am really scared, my son is 2 1/2 now and he is finally going for a gstrostomy tomorrow but i am scared as i dont know what to expect. We only saw the surgeon on monday and we are in tommorrow. My son has quad cp, epilepsy and is visually impaired so this gastrostomy just seems like another battle for us

Is it hard to put the feeds through, etc i really have no idea what to expect

• Registered
(05-26-2011, 04:45 PM)Baddersno1 Wrote: Hi all I am new here and am really scared, my son is 2 1/2 now and he is finally going for a gstrostomy tomorrow but i am scared as i dont know what to expect. We only saw the surgeon on monday and we are in tommorrow. My son has quad cp, epilepsy and is visually impaired so this gastrostomy just seems like another battle for us

Is it hard to put the feeds through, etc i really have no idea what to expect

my son is now 18 he as yours is CP reg bind epileptic he has severe learning difficulties he had his Gastro op when he was six months old.. it was a joy to no longer battle to feed him. he is pump fed overnite the bulk of his feed and has a two hour pump feed during the day.. he had his done to avoid reflux problems and recurrent chest infections...
hope all goes well
Lindsay and Luke

• VIP
good luck, hope all goes well for you

• VIP
Good luck for tomorrow, I hope all goes really well and keep us updated.x
Things can be hard on occasions but well worth it!Heart

• Registered
Declan has had his gastrostomy done yesterday and it went really well apart from the doctors giving me a shock, we were meant to be 3rd down at 11 and we were filling the forms in at 8.30 and they came for him, i nearly had heart failure, but it went really well and i am pleased so far, going start the 1st feed today through his gastro so we will see how it goes, wish him luck xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx