• Registered
I have been receiving high rate of care component and lower rate of mobilty for my daughter who is 10 in June. I filled in a form in realtion to her review, it came back saying that she is not entitled to any care component or any mobility at all. My daughter has epilepsy, cerebral palsy with spastic diaplegia, gross developmental delay, learning difficulties, delay in fine motor skills, no understanding of any dangers.
I asked for a review and supplied more than sufficent evidence to support my claim for my daughter, the result came back saying only lower rate of mobility, and they said because my daughter does not require greater supervision compared to a child of her age. And if she has a seizure she will be fine. I had letters off special school, GP, social services OT'S saying my daughters illnesses and that she cannot be left alone and requires 24 hour supervsion compared to a child of her age. In case of seizures and she is not aware of dangers and acts like a child far younger than herself. Even letter from social services expressing their concern.
She needs to be bathed, dressed, and also has a wheelchair. I have rang the manager at DLA and they could not be bothered all he said is send in aditional info and he will get a different decision maker to look at it again. I went to speak to a welfare rights officer, but i am really at the end of my tether and its also affecting my illness for which i have myasthenia gravis, my daughter is picking up on this and this has increased her seizures. I dont know what to do or where to turn to?

• Registered

Hi
I can only imagine how angry and upset you must be.
one month ago a friend was told by the DLA that they had changed the criteria and she was to received no payments she also was very upset but after talking to the paediatrician about it who was absolutely horrified he got straight on the phone to them and told them in no uncertain terms that he didn't care about their criteria he wanted my friend to receive the DLA, she now receives full DLA and Mobility.
My own daughter has epilepsy and a chromosome deletion and we receive DLA and Mobility it really sounds like the cut backs strike again please please contact your hospital paediatrician get them to phone and do a letter for you.

• VIP
I'm so sorry to hear this , its a nightmare when this happens . But keep fighting , ask your doctor to ring them or even could your social worker help you out , i dont no what way it all goes sorry but i really hope this gets sorted out and fast . Look after yourself as well , i know with the added stress but you need to take care of yourself xx
Single mum to a 14year old daughter and a son who is 3years old who has severe learning disability , hypotonia , hypermobility , visual impaired and sensory issues , he has showed me the meaning of life Heart and 3rd baby due 2nd of January 2012

• VIP
is there any way that you can appeal, we was turned down for moblity i appealed and now we have low rate