• VIP
Hi All

just wanted to know whos child goes to reception part time? and which session they go? morning or afternoon? and why?

it will help me to decide what session to pick...i think afternoon will benefit my little man though ....as in the moring i can get him in hes standing frame for target training..and he can have hes med for constipation with a good breakfast......

love to hear from you all if your child goes p/t

• VIP
yes my chloe does in a morning as she gets really tired in afternoon, but she starts full time in sept , she to as meds for constipation but she is in nappies still !, my daughter as come on so much since she started.

• VIP
(05-22-2011, 12:34 PM)jacknchloesmum Wrote: yes my chloe does in a morning as she gets really tired in afternoon, but she starts full time in sept , she to as meds for constipation but she is in nappies still !, my daughter as come on so much since she started.

oh fantastic hun thanx ...did u have a choice as morning or afternoon??? is she 5 now then or will she be 5 ?

• VIP
One of mine did part time reception from Sept to May. The school wanted him to do alternate weeks of mornings then afternoons so he didn't miss out on all the afternoon activities which tended to be PE, social skills and group activities and more 'fun stuff' than the mornings when they always did literacy and numeracy. They reckoned that even if he missed some of the academic stuff, the other stuff was just as important, especially given the reasons for him being part time. He was born in July so he was one of the youngest and he was just not ready socially or emotionally although academically speaking there wasn't a problem. He had a lot of ASD signs and he just refused to use the toilet but had incredible bladder control and never wet himself despite obvious distress. He even stopped drinking at school so he was less likely to want a wee. I had this for a year at nursery then he carried on the same when he started school. Most days I ended up having to take him for a wee in the lane immediately before and after school so he went part time until he was settled and secure enough to use the toilet. The mix of mornings and afternoons was a pain sometimes but it was what he needed. If your lad is likely to get very tired and it fits in with his meds then maybe go with mornings for now, you might be able to change it to afternoons later on.

• VIP
(05-22-2011, 01:05 PM)getthekettleon Wrote: One of mine did part time reception from Sept to May. The school wanted him to do alternate weeks of mornings then afternoons so he didn't miss out on all the afternoon activities which tended to be PE, social skills and group activities and more 'fun stuff' than the mornings when they always did literacy and numeracy. They reckoned that even if he missed some of the academic stuff, the other stuff was just as important, especially given the reasons for him being part time. He was born in July so he was one of the youngest and he was just not ready socially or emotionally although academically speaking there wasn't a problem. He had a lot of ASD signs and he just refused to use the toilet but had incredible bladder control and never wet himself despite obvious distress. He even stopped drinking at school so he was less likely to want a wee. I had this for a year at nursery then he carried on the same when he started school. Most days I ended up having to take him for a wee in the lane immediately before and after school so he went part time until he was settled and secure enough to use the toilet. The mix of mornings and afternoons was a pain sometimes but it was what he needed. If your lad is likely to get very tired and it fits in with his meds then maybe go with mornings for now, you might be able to change it to afternoons later on.

ahh thanx for that hun......

it was afternoons we wanted for him..just hope they dont kik a fuss i know its only 2 n a bit hours in afternoon as well ....but it will work better for him and maybe if he perks up next year change em round i supose .....

thanku for that xx