• Administrators
Education providers have an obligation to meet the needs of children and young people with delayed personal development in the same way they would meet the individual needs of those with delayed laungauage skills or any other kind of delayed development.
Children cannot be excluded from normal school activities soley because of incontinence neither should they be sent home from school to change or be required to wait for the parents to arrive and change them.

Any school that sets a blanket standard of continence or any other kind of development for all the children or young people is discriminatory and therefore unlawful under under the DDA 2001(Amended 2005).
All such issues should be dealt with on an individual basis and schools are expected to make reasonable adjustments to meet the needs of the young child.
Looking for sensory toys at affordable prices then look no further

Sensory toys for children with special needs CLICK HERE

• Banned
Daniel doesnt get 1-1 in class as his school have a high ratio of class teachers anyway so there is enough for everyone in the school.

• Moderators
things have changed since matt was 3 as we were told to put him in mainstream nursery/school but they would only take him for 2 hours because he was in nappies, we didnt even argue with the ed psych just called the head of local special needs school and he started there full time instead (he had been at college nursery from 2 till 3 but they had been struggling with him) as didnt want to take him back down to part time when he was used to full time and took me a while for that to work.

if he doesnt need 1:1 for learning just toileting surely they could just hire a classroom assistant that can do that and help in the class for all Children the rest of the time? sorry i dont know how mainstream schools work
corinne
There comes a point in your life when you realize:Who matters,Who never did,Who won't anymore...And who always will..
So, don't worry about people from your past,there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

• Registered
where my son is in mainstream he gets band 4 (sorry i dont know how much that costs) and the school claim they fund the other hours. i keep seeing his supposive keyworker teaching other classes and now my son has been shoved into a small group of poor children that are being constantly disrupted and biten by my son.

• Administrators
(01-17-2010, 11:48 PM)Daniel Wrote: Education providers have an obligation to meet the needs of children and young people with delayed personal development in the same way they would meet the individual needs of those with delayed laungauage skills or any other kind of delayed development.
Children cannot be excluded from normal school activities soley because of incontinence neither should they be sent home from school to change or be required to wait for the parents to arrive and change them.

Any school that sets a blanket standard of continence or any other kind of development for all the children or young people is discriminatory and therefore unlawful under under the DDA 2001(Amended 2005).
All such issues should be dealt with on an individual basis and schools are expected to make reasonable adjustments to meet the needs of the young child.

Hi,
Just wanted to make sure you didnt miss the above post.
I suggest contacting an organisation called IPSEA who may be able to advise you on how to proceed further.

I have also attached a very useful document for you which should also offer more of an insight.

Attached Files
.pdf   Continence.pdf (Size: 30.08 KB / Downloads: 1)
Looking for sensory toys at affordable prices then look no further

Sensory toys for children with special needs CLICK HERE