• Registered
Hi,

This is my second post and to be honest it is great to have somewhere to discuss the issues my family are having with people in a simular situation, so here is another one for you guys to advise us on.

We have recently recived my sons proposed statement from the council, they are offering him £9K for his support in school, this is the same figure as under the Individual Pupil Funding prior to the statement.

The school have stated the £9K would cover 3 hours per day of one to one care for him and they would need £13K+ to provide a full day of care. We can't seem to grasp the maths behind this as for an extra £4K we would be getting four extra hours.

We would normally take what the school would say at face value but they stated that outside of the carer hours we whould have to go to school to deal with his toilet needs which we have since found out is against the DDA and according to our own council is child abuse.

Thanks Again

Kristian

• Moderators
(01-17-2010, 09:37 PM)khoiland Wrote: Hi,

This is my second post and to be honest it is great to have somewhere to discuss the issues my family are having with people in a simular situation, so here is another one for you guys to advise us on.

We have recently recived my sons proposed statement from the council, they are offering him £9K for his support in school, this is the same figure as under the Individual Pupil Funding prior to the statement.

The school have stated the £9K would cover 3 hours per day of one to one care for him and they would need £13K+ to provide a full day of care. We can't seem to grasp the maths behind this as for an extra £4K we would be getting four extra hours.

We would normally take what the school would say at face value but they stated that outside of the carer hours we whould have to go to school to deal with his toilet needs which we have since found out is against the DDA and according to our own council is child abuse.

Thanks Again

Kristian

how much are they paying the 1:1 from what i was told by our old school is that its not much more than minimum wage for classroom assistants at least round here and £6.50 an hour for 35hrs a week 39 weeks a year is just under £9000 which is right. bearing in mind my son got 15 hours 1:1 at a special needs school and the school funded the extra hours to make it full time. actually isnt it 6 hours a day? so even that comes to £7.60 before tax.
hope it isnt the math teacher working this out Confused
corinne
There comes a point in your life when you realize:Who matters,Who never did,Who won't anymore...And who always will..
So, don't worry about people from your past,there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

• Registered
I am sure that the wage paid to the carer must be second only to premier footballers, for 3 hours a day and school holidays off was tempted to go for the job myself. When i questioned them about it got told there were other costs involved but they would not tell us what these costs were. Hope to get to the bottom of it as want Henry to get the benefit of all the funding he is entitled to and not to facilitate other areas of the school.

• Moderators
is he at a mainstream or special needs school, this may make a difference as matt was at special needs school and they dont usually do 1:1 but then again they do toileting and extras you dont get at main stream
corinne
sorry asking this question just looked at time so got to get bed to get matt up for college at 7 and i not a morning person hehe, will catch you laterz
There comes a point in your life when you realize:Who matters,Who never did,Who won't anymore...And who always will..
So, don't worry about people from your past,there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

• Registered
He is at a mainsteam school at the moment. Was only doing 3 hours a day till January so wanst really a problem, now he is unsupervised for part of the day the other Children are starting to get a bit scared of him again due to his odd behaviour.