• Registered
Hiya. I haven't been on here in a long time but i have afew things i could do with some help with.
I am just filling out my family fund form, My son (6) has Kabuki syndrome and we get DLA Higher care/lower mobility. Still haven't chosen what we would like yet. Driving lessons would help but we couldnt afford the second car, A holiday would be fantastic but my washer has about had it and really should be our priority while trying to toilet train. He could also do with a bed, he's in a bottom bunk with bed guard and getting to change him or settle him in the night is getting hard now he's bigger and he constantly wakes his brother. Anyway after waffling, who can i use on his family fund form?, i was going to ask his teacher but they have had a supply for months now. Would his 1-1 be able to do it?

We have had planning prmission in for a dropkerb for a while now but really cant afford to do it yet, is there any help we could get for this?

I'm sure there was something else but i cant remember at the moment. Thankyou for any help.

• Registered
Just realised this might have been better posted in grants, Sorry.

• VIP
when i filled in my form i got my support worker to fill in mine.
if you ask for driving lessons you can't apply the next year, you can ask for 3 things but doesn't that you will get all 3. so maybe ask for the bed and washing machine. I don't think that family fund would help with the drop kerb

• Registered
Thank you. Didn't think family fund would help with the kerb but didn't know if there was anywhere else that might. We go out onto a main road with double yellows so parking can be a nightmare (we do pull onto the drive using next doors drop, which they dont mind but cant see it being long before we get reported but safer than having him wonder off up the road).

• VIP
maybe you could see if you could get a DFG grant from the council, i have of charities somewhere i will see if i can find them for you