• Registered
hi I have just found this site. I am a single mum of 4 children of which 3 have special needs.
They were all born premature. Jordan born 34 weeks gest, 10 yrs old is currently being assessed for ADHD and possibly other neurological problems. He is under various medical proffesions which include Peadiatrician, OT etc
Levi born 32 weeks gest, 7 yrs old is doing really well at home and school and can quite easily keep up with his peers.
Elise born at 28 weeks gest, 3 yrs old, Complications at birth led to a bleed on the brain, she also suffers from heart defects, learning difficulties and speech disorder. Is under going assesment at the Child development Centre and is under various medical proffesions which include SALT, SENCO, Pead etc
Isobelle born 28 weeks gest, 19 months old, suffers from heart defects, throat defects, GERD, Developmental delay. under various medical proffesions including cardiologist, ENT, Pead etc
They are all miracles and I love each and everyone of them.
But I am finding it very hard to copeSad
I am finding it very difficult as I get very little sleep, the children demand my attention constantly, I have to co-ordinate all medical proffesions involved all of which is leaving me physically and emotionally drained. Thats without the everyday to day chores.
I just need a little advice and reassurance please
Thanks
Maria
x

• VIP
Hi Maria and welcome to the site . I'm also a single parent and i know how hard it can be . Do you have any form of help from family or friends ? Do you have a social worker that could sort out for you to have some time to yourself ? You could get in touch with home start they can come out and help you with the children , as you know you need to look after yourself and try to rest when you can , the chores can wait sometimes . Really hope you do get some help and on here we're all here to help out when your feeling low xox
Single mum to a 14year old daughter and a son who is 3years old who has severe learning disability , hypotonia , hypermobility , visual impaired and sensory issues , he has showed me the meaning of life Heart and 3rd baby due 2nd of January 2012