• Registered
as i have posted before i have 3 children, my 2 youngest have asd. my dd is almost 4 and d with autism and gdd her speech is poor when she chooses to speak its all cute babble with the odd word. other times she recites cartoons perfectly, the only thing she really asks for is 'drink'.

my ds is much more better at talking he is 6 years old and is just starting to have asessments for autism, he still sounds like a toddler which is consistant with his mental and developmental age. he gets really frustrated when his sister just blanks him when he tries his best to play with her (its rare but sometimes he tries). his conclusion is that she is stupid and has no brain (thats what all older brothers say about their sisters - lol).

my dd does seem to like the phone and will babble away which is so cute, and at the moment she is having a rare night at her nannans. my dad has been on the phone and she jumped on to babble away, reece is still wide awake and he asked for the phone. and they had their first real conversation, well of sorts. reece was really excited and was chatting away, he said 'oh gosh, you can talk like me'. and 'are you at the doctors learning to talk?' he kept telling her how much he loved her and that it was so cool she was talking. they were on the phone for over 30 mins. reece was telling her he had a charger plugged into his brain44 and telling her to come home, that she had missed a film. i can imagine she was repeating most of what he said, but the whole thing just made my heart melt.

• VIP
That is soo sweet what seems like a little thing to the average person is much bigger to a parent of a child with disabilities as we have to wait so much longer for what others may consider to be normal.I cant wait for my son to say mum dad or anything.I was so excited a couple of weeks ago when my son started using his beaker for the first time i was telling everyone and they were looking at me like so he is nearly 2 but for me and his dad it was reallly big as he couldnt lift his cup to drink or even let us know he was thirsty.When you see your child do something they couldnt or you wasnt sure they would ever do its a great feeling
Mum of 2 lovely boys[Image: smiley-angelic008.gif]

[Image: weight.png]

• Registered
(01-16-2010, 10:44 PM)becky29 Wrote: as i have posted before i have 3 children, my 2 youngest have asd. my dd is almost 4 and d with autism and gdd her speech is poor when she chooses to speak its all cute babble with the odd word. other times she recites cartoons perfectly, the only thing she really asks for is 'drink'.

my ds is much more better at talking he is 6 years old and is just starting to have asessments for autism, he still sounds like a toddler which is consistant with his mental and developmental age. he gets really frustrated when his sister just blanks him when he tries his best to play with her (its rare but sometimes he tries). his conclusion is that she is stupid and has no brain (thats what all older brothers say about their sisters - lol).

my dd does seem to like the phone and will babble away which is so cute, and at the moment she is having a rare night at her nannans. my dad has been on the phone and she jumped on to babble away, reece is still wide awake and he asked for the phone. and they had their first real conversation, well of sorts. reece was really excited and was chatting away, he said 'oh gosh, you can talk like me'. and 'are you at the doctors learning to talk?' he kept telling her how much he loved her and that it was so cool she was talking. they were on the phone for over 30 mins. reece was telling her he had a charger plugged into his brain44 and telling her to come home, that she had missed a film. i can imagine she was repeating most of what he said, but the whole thing just made my heart melt.

that is so wonderful, did u shed a tear because i just did reading that!
blessyour little ones, i hope one day my two will be able to have a moment like that xxxxHeart

• Registered
almost but i dare not start crying as it wouldnt stop. my stomach had butterflys and it was more than words can describe seeing my son tell his sister he loved her because now she could talk like him. my mind was ticking over about walkie talkies as she wont speak to anyone face to face. i am still waiting for her to call me mummy, i usually get called 'charlie and lola'. not just charlie or lola but the whole thing as its said on the cartoon.

reece was so excited and the whole time he was on the phone his whole face was lit up and he was pacing from room to room with me following. i do think its funny when little ones nod their heads while on the phone instead of answering 'yes'. we will phone her in the morning to make sure it wasnt a one off. and as ive said before they never get along face to face they just attack each other so maybe the phone thing might help them communicate. i cant wait to tell everyone.