• VIP
We had a letter throught the post to say that Ben is able to get help cause of the digital swtich over.
Just wondering if anyone else has had this letter. They have said that they can fit a new digital aireal to the roof and also put one into Ben's room.

• VIP
All households with a disabled person are eligible for free help for the switchover. I had a freesat box put in what is currently Mattys bedroom, although will be a dining room / playroom very soon!
The offers aren't quite as good as they make out, I paid £20 for the freesat box but I don't think its a great deal more usually, still, as tescos state - every little helps!
Heart Raising the awareness of encephalitis, one baby step at a time.....Heart

• Established member
I had this letter too, but I didn't think it was actually that cheap. I guess you're paying for the labour!

• VIP
In the end we decided to get it done and they came out yesterday, The main roof ariel wasn't able to cope with digital so we ended up with a brand new digital ariel and they put of shoots in to every room for us. Ben is happy now cause he can watch cbeebies in his room without any problems.

• VIP
how much do they charge to put up one of these digital arieals? has our house has not got one at all? the workman years ago broke ours that was in the loft but didn't tell us, as we didn't know due to using sky at the time.