• VIP
Don't know if anyone knows this but hubby had a phone call from british gas and they said that if you are on certain benfits (DLA) being one of them you can your home installated for nothing, We was going to go for it but as it's a council property we would of had to get permission from them first.

• VIP
Hi, I'm not sure if they install for free. but i do know that you are put on lower rate of gas due to having a disabled child. There is also a free number 24hrs a day for any problems x
Heart Mum to Abigail 8 & Matthew 4. He stops breathing & needs to be resucitated. Has Bulbar Palsy & was born with a hole in his stomach, has mic-key tube fitted. Matt has heart/lung problems and is also tube-fed.

• VIP
(05-16-2011, 10:34 AM)wweangelica Wrote: Don't know if anyone knows this but hubby had a phone call from british gas and they said that if you are on certain benfits (DLA) being one of them you can your home installated for nothing, We was going to go for it but as it's a council property we would of had to get permission from them first.

hi yes you do need permission from the council but the council will do it themselves if the property is suitable for it, british gas rang me too so i rang the council for permission as i am in a council house too, they said that they have a scheme to do it themselves but my house wasnt suitable aparently. was something to do with how it was built and what materials was used.

hope you have better luck x

• VIP
Hi - yes British gas asked us too but our local council had already insulated our loft free of charge due to us getting DLA for Jack and Carers for me. They were going to insulate the walls too but apparently they were already done! It's made a massive difference to the amount of heating we have to use.

Getting a lower rate for your gas/elec from them depends on your income. They've always been really helpful whenever I've had a query with them - I got an electricity monitor from them too and we've managed to reduce our bills by around £35 a month (prob cos we're now so aware of lights, TVs etc being left on). x