• Registered
i have posted about my sons reece upcoming review of statement of special needs being up'ed from band 4 to band 5 and if/when he will go to a special school or unit.

i really want him in a special school, ive visited 2 so far and both would be fine. the review was going to be last week but they cancelled, they let me know 5 minutes before i was going to set off. i asked if they had let everyone know and they had just not the lady from parent partnership. so i was ringing her but she wasnt in. i left lots of messages but she hasnt got back to me.

his school report the words 'often' is used alot, but i think it should also say that reece's behaviour is like this every day or does often cover that? it says that 'during one-to-one time reece can concentrate for approximately 4 minutes. he can concentrate on independant play based activities for 10 minutes.'

it does say that only sometime does he enjoy his own choosen activities. by the sounds of it everything they have been trying with him it might work for a short while but then he just refuses to do it. which is what i have trouble with him at home and im always having to change ways to try and cope with him.

however it doesnt mention anything of them thinking he has ASD and it doesnt mention any rigid behaviours.

• Administrators
perhaps you could take all the stuff you have written with you and tell them they are going to start formally assessing him. Do you think they will try upping him to a band 5 in mainstream before moving him to a special school? if you say you want him sent to one what do you think they will say? considering the head has already said they cannot cope.....

hope you get the outcome your looking for

xx

• Registered
thankyou, all the stuff i had written down the doctor didnt even look at them. i will have to take it higher if they say no.

• Registered
the review has been moved to 2nd feb, and the doctor is attending this one which will be fun and games as she wants the school to implemet better things to help him learn and i want them to send him to special school. also the multi-disaplinary meeting at the same time. i have been chasing the speech threapist up for a while and we spoke for a while on the phone - she didnt know he was being assessed for asd. she hadnt ruled it out but it is a certain assessment that she hasnt done yet but hadnt been asked to do. so now i have brought her up to speed she is going to try to get out to school and do it.