• VIP
Hello lovelys

Im not sure if ive posted this in the right place ..to be honest i didnt know where to post it(sorry)

we have our own property , and we have this really old asbestos pipe in the back garden from the roof all the way down imbedded in the ground , and if looks loose up the top so if you rock it it sways side to side!!

Well we are having the garden done soon and the gardner said you need to get rid of this pipe eventually

To be honest i want to get rid of it and as we have our own house who would take it , ive heard the charge is so expensive , cannot afford that especially because im not working , and if the little ones going to be in the garden a lot i really want this gone really doesnt seem safe and plus a health risk

would anyone know ? or been in the same position?

kind regards

ambreen

• Moderators
there are different types of asbestos some which you can remove yourself and some that have to be handled professionally, dont know if this will help as it sounds like you might be able to remove it yourself and get the council to pick it up which shouldnt cost you a lot but depends on what asbestos it is
http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/HomeAndCommunity/Planning/DoingWorkYourself/DG_10022562
There comes a point in your life when you realize:Who matters,Who never did,Who won't anymore...And who always will..
So, don't worry about people from your past,there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

• VIP
(05-14-2011, 07:50 PM)corinne Wrote: there are different types of asbestos some which you can remove yourself and some that have to be handled professionally, dont know if this will help as it sounds like you might be able to remove it yourself and get the council to pick it up which shouldnt cost you a lot but depends on what asbestos it is
http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/HomeAndCommunity/Planning/DoingWorkYourself/DG_10022562

thankyou corrine for that

theres no way i can do it...its too tall i wouldnt know where to start its imbedded in to the floor cemented in and the top bit is swerving in the wind......im scared of the toxics .....

• Moderators
we are in a council house and the previous tenant knocked down the brick garage her x hubby had put in and used some of the blocks to make a raised garden part at back of garden and we have found asbestos blocks in with this but council said they were safe and as matt never in garden alone we didnt do anything (the Children behind us are at more risk as they use our garden as a short cut to the next street but i not going to spend time sorting it for them brats Big Grin)
it might be worth asking the gardener or a handyman if he can move it it might not cost much that way, i would have thought if it was the dangerous asbestos it would have been mentioned in the survey before u bought the house so might be worth checking that out too
There comes a point in your life when you realize:Who matters,Who never did,Who won't anymore...And who always will..
So, don't worry about people from your past,there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

• VIP
maybe if you phone up the council, they might have a few ideas