• VIP
Its probably been a year since I was told I could have direct payments - then just left to it. No one to help explain the setting up of the bank account, how it works, timesheets and payroll etc.....!
I had a meeting the other day with a lady who was LOVELY, she'd arranged to come out and help me with the timesheets, then ended up doing allsorts as my mum, who is the person I've employed, has ended up having an emergency op, which means she's out of action for 3 months or so Sad she offered to help me find a temporary worker, or gave me a few other options which are interesting.
She wasn't best impressed with the social worker to say the least!
Heart Raising the awareness of encephalitis, one baby step at a time.....Heart

• Moderators
thats great news sounds like you will be our resident direct payments expert hehe
There comes a point in your life when you realize:Who matters,Who never did,Who won't anymore...And who always will..
So, don't worry about people from your past,there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

• VIP
Hi, that is brilliant......I am glad you've had it sorted and I do hope your Mum will be ok.
Things can be hard on occasions but well worth it!Heart

• Administrators
Did they come from a independent organisation?
For example when you get direct payments through Birmingham they refer you to an organisation called the pendralls trust and it appears they are a national organisation so always worth looking at
http://www.penderelstrust.org.uk/infopack2.php

Looking for sensory toys at affordable prices then look no further

Sensory toys for children with special needs CLICK HERE

• VIP
They came from Action 4 employment (A4E), I think thats national but not certain?
Heart Raising the awareness of encephalitis, one baby step at a time.....Heart