• VIP
hi everyone our 7yr old son has asd and the past few weeks everytime hes got angry or upset he has threatened to leave home up untill 2day he has neva done anythin about it but 2day he got angry cause we asked him 2 get ready 4 bed and he threatened 2 leave home and this time he packed his suitcase and got his pillows ready and he took them downstairs he layed down in the kitchen and said he was sleepin there until mornin wen he will leave home.

we r terrified that he will try and leave home we have locked all the doors and windows and have taken our keys 2 bed with us im so scared he will try and leave what do we do?

• VIP
Hi i'm not sure i've never had to deal with it with a asd child , but i know my daughter used to do it all the time when she was about that age (she has no problems ) So i think all Children can do this if they have problems or not . Is he doing it when he doesnt get his own way or any thing setting him off ? xx
Single mum to a 14year old daughter and a son who is 3years old who has severe learning disability , hypotonia , hypermobility , visual impaired and sensory issues , he has showed me the meaning of life Heart and 3rd baby due 2nd of January 2012

• VIP
anythin will make him say it, like wen he gets frustrated with his homework or if he cant do something right 1st time we r just so worried about him xx

• Moderators
never had this problem it was more me threatening that he was going to be sent away Blush have you seen the alarms you attach to the door and frame so when they are opened it sends of a loud alarm but you can turn them off in the daytime? (some poundland/world sell them) might make you relax in evening if you know if he leaves a room you will be woken up, they can also be attached to windows too. is there a teacher he listens to who could have a word and try and find out where he would live if not at home? you dont want to scare him too much or he might never go anywhere away from you overnight (school trips or respite)
There comes a point in your life when you realize:Who matters,Who never did,Who won't anymore...And who always will..
So, don't worry about people from your past,there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

• Established member
hello
i have a little girl with adhd and she threatens to leave she has got out a few times but theres always someone with her. i managed to stop her threatening to leave.
when she starts getting annoyed or frustrated we all go for a walk, it doesnt have to be long even just a walk round the block if she wants to talk then we do if not we walk in silence but it really does help and by the time we get home shes happy again. if its raining its obviously not that good to walk in the rain so in this case when she starts getting frustrated i ask her to help me (which she loves) or i get her to do something else to take her mind of it this also works so you could maybe try that i hope it works Smile