• VIP
Hi I was wondering if any one on here can help Bethany has a colostomy and I am really struggling to find a bag that stays on in the bath or the swimming pool I have tried lots of different ones but all that happens is that the actual bag fills up with water and falls of I have tried with and without the little stickers that you put on the filter but to no avail at the moment a use a hyperfix tape kind also tried coloplast ones that are like a rubber kind. I hope someone understands what I mean and can give some advice because Bethany is getting so upset that she can not go swimming or play in the bath and when she has a shower any body would think I was murdering her as she hates it so it is a constant battle to keep her clean I am so stressed so any advice welcome I have spoke to her nurse who has gave me some samples but none of them work x

• VIP
Hi, sorry but Im not going to be any help but I really hope you can get this sorted and find something suitable. My little girl will have to have one soon due to Crohn's Disease. GOOD LUCK. X
Things can be hard on occasions but well worth it!Heart

• VIP
Hiya
I have no experience if this myself but Charlie goes to a special needs swimming group and there is a child there who has a colostomy. They use something called a stoma cap which blocks it off so there's no need for a bag. But I do know they can only use a cap when the stoma isn't active, this child apparently goes every morning so it's ok for them to use a cap just for the half hour lesson. It might not be right for your daughter but I thought I'd mention it, just in case. They buy their own caps but they were told about it from their colostomy nurse.
Jayne xx

• VIP
i have tried the caps but they dont work as Beths stoma is active all the time