• VIP
ive mentions in another post how i was worrying now about my son, my doctor asked me if he has problems swallowing, i said i dont think so, but now i realised i should of said he dribbles a hell of a lot, when he repeats words out of a picture book ive noticed some sounds he finds really hard, so the words sound nothing like there ment to.

Could there be any link between the two do you think? might have to see if i can leave a message for the doctor, as i dont really want to make an appointment just to say he dribbles alot, as i think the speech thearpy is a long wait i dont want to hang around if its important

• VIP
Yes those things can be linked. My son has low tone in his mouth / jaw. He dribbles more than average and some of his speech is slurred although he speaks well. He also chokes if he is not properly supported as he can't concentrate on getting the food sorted and sitting.
Although dribbling and sounds can be normal at this age, speech therapy is notouriously difficult to get, so for us, when we had choking issues, although they turned out to be nothing, I got the referal anyway and spoke to a professional to put my mind at rest more than anything. We now have an open door too if the problems recurr.
No one will think your wasting their time, they will listen and help if needed.

• VIP
Thank you, he is a very fussy eater, hates different textures and will throw up if he didnt like it, he was crying licking a ice lolly today which i tought was very odd (he wouldnt entertain the idea of eating one before) i just have a feeling something is off, i will give the doctors a call on monday see if i can pass on a message

• Registered
My son is also delayed with speech, he has been having speech therapy for over a year now. He is 3 years 4 months but he is on the 18 month level for speaking. He also dribbles, although he doesn't do it as much, but most days he has a wet top from dribble. He is not fussy what he eats....and will stuff anything into his mouth to test its texture. A couple of weeks ago he chewed a train ticket, and then stuffed it up his nose! Had a trip to the new children's A&E for that! I would be very interested to see what other people think on the subject too Smile