• Registered
hi i sent off for my dla forms in january and they arrived 28th january, the date they needed to be returned by was 18th march, i applyed for help filling in the forms from a support worker, however she couldnt help untill 24th march she did me a covering letter to put in with application explaining why it was late, i then recieved a letter dated1st april saying they had recieved my claim, then on 13th april another leter asking why my claim form was late and saying my claim would take longer as they had requested a report from school, school did this straight away, well today iv recieved another letter saying claim will take longer as waiting for report from school, i know this was sent when requested the first time, has anyone else had these sort of hold ups? do you thinkits likely im going to be declined as its taking so long? thanks donna xx

• VIP
Hi it normal takes about 10-15 weeks to get a decision . Maybe they just hadnt got the report sent from the school or maybe its been misplaced . Ring them on Monday and explain to them it was sent in by the school and see what is said . You shouldnt be declined for being late . Hope it all goes well xx
Single mum to a 14year old daughter and a son who is 3years old who has severe learning disability , hypotonia , hypermobility , visual impaired and sensory issues , he has showed me the meaning of life Heart and 3rd baby due 2nd of January 2012

• VIP
if that was me i would ring them. when i sent my forms of for moblity they sent a letter and said that i would hear in the next 11 weeks