• VIP
Her ST see her at school, i has a word with the ST at the CDC, she pushed me to go the the gp and get him on the wating list, it hit me when my friend little girl came over who has just turned 2 and said to her mum "look mummy, a butterfly" thats when i thought oh my gosh hes so far behind that, i can't get him to answer a simple question like "juice, yes or no" he just looks at me like im mental

Boys are said to be 'slower' to talk than girls....I was told this lots before my son was referred to a paed, he was diagnosed with autism in January.

While I can understand your concern, I think seeing the ST is a good step as they will pick up on so many other things that might be autistic traits and would then refer you to a paed, just a shame you have to wait so long.

Proud mum of 3...... Dani,13, amazing child....Sofie,11, my smiler, physically disabled, 3 strokes aged 2, speech issues, learning difficulties, epilepsy.... and Luke,2, diagnosed with autism January 2011, non-verbal cheeky chappy.

• VIP
well its a better responce than what i got from my old gp with melissa, that was she will talk when she's 3 and that was it, but it was different with melissa as she didnt understand a word i was saying, never babbled or anything, but still got told she will talk when shes 3, still annoys me to this day. Really want to march in there now and say thanks for nothing

• VIP
I hope that you have had a better day today?
I know what you mean......did they seem to know the exact date that she would talk? Time of day?

I said that our little girl had Autism at 4 days old but only when she was 4 yrs old we had a diagnosis!! When we used to take her back and for to the Doc we were told that she was extremely bright and we needed to stretch her more!! I used to say yes she is bright and able but also has NO speech and lots of traits!!!
Things can be hard on occasions but well worth it!Heart