• Registered
(05-03-2011, 10:06 AM)aeryn`smummy Wrote: i had exactly the same problem when i was pregnant with my daughter, we filled out the medical needs forms and returned them with original copies of any reports that had been made for my son regarding what his needs were along with supprting letters from my gp, health visitor, sure start worker, school nurse and any other helpful agency that would give me a letter. we now have a 3 bed council house with a garden for my son.
in our area (hastings) we also have a support agency that will battle the council and chase them on your behalf called casa, it might be worth asking around to see if there is any such support in place where you are.
on the medical forms you need to treat them like dla forms, write about your childs needs on their worst days, what support they need, how many times they wake in the night, the effect a baby sharing a room is likely to cause.
the final thing is they may not upgrade your banding until the baby is born as they dont normally consider the need for rooms until baby is actually there which is a catch 22 in itself.

i hope this helps x

i also live in Hastings my son attends the Glyne Gap special needs school, will look up these CASA people and start getting my paperwork and letters from, portage, school, paediatrician etc.

at least now i know that i can put a case forward for the extra room, fingers crossed it doesnt become stressful trying to sort.

• VIP
Ben has ASD and GDD, we was told by our local council that we would be able to get a 3 bed house as him and his brother would need their own rooms and space. We had to wait 4 fours and had to fight but it was worth it in the end as we now a big 3 bed house with a 67 ft garden.
Get as many medical people as you can involved.
Ben has ASD and GDD, we was told by our local council that we would be able to get a 3 bed house as him and his brother would need their own rooms and space. We had to wait 4 fours and had to fight but it was worth it in the end as we now a big 3 bed house with a 67 ft garden.
Get as many medical people as you can involved.