• VIP
Not been on in a while as Matt's been very sick and we have spent a lot of time going backwards & forwards to the hospital. starting to get really fed up. Matt went for we thought was a routine check up with his peadiatrician only to be sent for an ECG as she found a problem with his heart & lungs. His peaditrician is fantastic it's just as Matt gets older his problems get more & more complicated. Feeling strung out I was hoping he would improve with age not get worse. Don't get me wrong he still is a lunatic that likes nothing more than to make us laugh I just wish i could help him more. Sorry for the essay sometimes feel better when i share with others. thank you xx
Heart Mum to Abigail 8 & Matthew 4. He stops breathing & needs to be resucitated. Has Bulbar Palsy & was born with a hole in his stomach, has mic-key tube fitted. Matt has heart/lung problems and is also tube-fed.

• VIP
(05-02-2011, 08:09 PM)Mel22 Wrote: Not been on in a while as Matt's been very sick and we have spent a lot of time going backwards & forwards to the hospital. starting to get really fed up. Matt went for we thought was a routine check up with his peadiatrician only to be sent for an ECG as she found a problem with his heart & lungs. His peaditrician is fantastic it's just as Matt gets older his problems get more & more complicated. Feeling strung out I was hoping he would improve with age not get worse. Don't get me wrong he still is a lunatic that likes nothing more than to make us laugh I just wish i could help him more. Sorry for the essay sometimes feel better when i share with others. thank you xx

Hiya
That sounds worrying, not surprised you're fed up, it's a lot to cope with especially if you weren't expecting anything like that at a routine appointment. It does help to share things and it isn't always easy or possible with family or friends, that's why I like this site so much.
Hope you're feeling better and let us know how he gets on,
Jayne x

• VIP
Hi, sorry to hear about Matt's illness, it must be very scary when not excepted. How us Mums and Dads would swap places with our children!! Just seems unfair! I do hope you have had a better afternoon and feeling a bit better getting it off your chest! Big hugs.
Things can be hard on occasions but well worth it!Heart