• Administrators
(10-14-2009, 07:52 PM)starlights Wrote: Hi bec_t.
my daughter is 18months too and isnt yet walking she too has sight problems.
and has had different episodes that could possibly be seizures,or could be a sign of another disorder. she has been refered to a neurologist..so hopefully we will get an idea from them.
hope you appointment goes well for you next week.
take care starlights x
Any idea on when your refferal will result in an appointment as i would imagine you dont want to be waiting around...
Looking for sensory toys at affordable prices then look no further

Sensory toys for children with special needs CLICK HERE

• Registered
hi daniel,
Yes we have an appointment for november..its horrid waiting your right, but i have prepared myself as i dont think we will have any answers then either! the referal is to get an opinion from the neurologist. so think we will have to wait till we see our daughters paediatrican in January? I think the paed is a bit baffled as to the reasons behind the problems.
I really hope we get some idea. even if not a diagonsis set in stone.

• Administrators
(10-15-2009, 12:54 PM)starlights Wrote: hi daniel,
Yes we have an appointment for november..its horrid waiting your right, but i have prepared myself as i dont think we will have any answers then either! the referal is to get an opinion from the neurologist. so think we will have to wait till we see our daughters paediatrican in January? I think the paed is a bit baffled as to the reasons behind the problems.
I really hope we get some idea. even if not a diagonsis set in stone.
I remember waiting 7 months test after test for answers.
Every test was coming back fine and each one gave more hope.
The frustrating thing was that the tests they were doing were for smaller medical conditions and when we got a diagnosis it blew everything out of the water.
Persist with getting answers and do not take no for an answer.

• Registered
Thanks Daniel,
I dont even know what it is they are looking for.havent really explained.
the best advice the paed could offer was not to worry as she had seen another child who wasnt walking at 3 and just turned to tobe hypermobility syndrome. Huh. well if that was the best she could offer made me wonder what they are looking at with our daughter.
For clever people they say some pretty stupid things!

• Administrators
Doctor's are not very sensitive at times and they feel that a condition which may be heartbreaking as a parent is not so bad in their book.
Amazing how they can just treat the condition's and not see the child as a child.
Weve had bad doctors and one or two very good doctors that have really gone the extra mile to help us.
I remember the consultant who diagnosed Euan with cystinosis had worked and worked to discover his condition and told us he stayed over at work late with his books open and he cracked it in the end.
Bloody nice of him and we are so grateful and we still see him and hes ultra helpful.