• Administrators
Hello bec_t, and welcome to the forum.
We are all a freindly bunch here so please join in and say hello and tell us about you and your family.

Once again thank you for joining the forum
Looking for sensory toys at affordable prices then look no further

Sensory toys for children with special needs CLICK HERE

• Registered
Hello, i'm bec, i'm mummy to 3my eldest is 5 my middle son age 3 has Autism( pretty severe) left hemiplegia and epilepsy and my little girl is 18 months has epilepsy, sight problems and something wrong with her feet( though i'm not sure i understand what still waiting for pead to tell me .. they go inwards preventing her from walking). i'm finding it pretty tough at the moment as my son his very aggresive and never sleeps and having 2 little one with epilepsy can be a bit of a strain. I think this site is fab!

• Administrators
Hi bec, welcome to the forum!!!
You mentioned your daughters legs turn inwards....are her bones rotated? my son has an externally rotated femur bone which makes his left foot turn outwards, and his knee. You can have internally rotated femur bones which is the major cause of pigeon toeing although the more extreme the worse the problem. Do her knees turn in aswell or is it just her feet?

Lucy xx

• Registered
Hi Lucy,
The doctors havn't really explained it very well going back next week and will hopefully get a proper answer, when she stands her knees turn slightly inwards and she weight bears on the inside of her feet so has no balance she had insoles but made no difference, her community nurse said her creases are out just under her knees. She can walk with a frame or walker but they still kinda roll inwards. Hopefully will get some answers soon , she's so frustrated bless her!
Bec x

• Registered
Hi bec_t.
my daughter is 18months too and isnt yet walking she too has sight problems.
and has had different episodes that could possibly be seizures,or could be a sign of another disorder. she has been refered to a neurologist..so hopefully we will get an idea from them.
hope you appointment goes well for you next week.
take care starlights x