• VIP
Not at all, we went for a Tomcat Tiger. My son is three and they think it will last until hes about 6. Its made by the Tomcat company. The Tiger is the smaller trike for pre school ish. The Tomcat is the larger trike for anyone up to adultish.
We went for a Tomcat because we contacted Mission cycles for a quote but they never got back to us. As my sons most profound problems are with his legs and this is therapy, although he doesn't see it that way, we wanted a company who would have as good aftercare service as sales.
There are lots of advantages to the Tomcat and it suited us the best. If you google Tomcat they are online.

• VIP
Hi, thank you for your reply...I have been trying to get into the tomcat web site over the last couple of days but with no success!!! Maybe their updating the website? I will keep on trying over the next couple of days.

How long did the variety club take to process your application? And did you also need letters form professionals working with your child?

I just find it very daunting filling in forms and then chasing around to get letters etc!!! Thank you again. X
Things can be hard on occasions but well worth it!Heart

• Registered
(04-30-2011, 01:10 PM)Jen87 Wrote: Just had a look, they look great! =) I think my daughter is too small yet.. but the price wouldn't allow me to buy one yet anyway! Definitely something I'm going to save for though! thank you!! x

We had a similar problem, our son has cerebral palsy and cannot sit independently and his head control is limited. We found a high backed bike seat in decathlon. It reclines a little and the straps hold our son in place really well. We found that he was pushing the cycle helmets off, so have bought a junior rugby helmet. It works a treat. Bike seat was about £40 or so and helmet was about £15.

• VIP
OK, I had the same problem with their webiste, I will post their phone number below.
The form from the Variety club was fairly simple, although they do want to know your income and outgoings. But the trustee I spoke to said the people on the panel are allow us to live and not scrimp every penny for the trike!! Be sensible and show that your income and outgoings pretty much match. It took about 3/4 weeks to come through. You need to get a quote from the company, the chap is happy to come to you and measure your child up for the best bits. Ring and ask, he normally has links with either a special school in the area or the local CDC. Then you need a letter from a physio / ot / doctor saying that your child has the disbility and this will be of benefit to them. Most Physios / ots have written lots of the letters.

Tomcat Trikes - 01452 616400 (Their webiste is being updated it says on yell.com)

• VIP
Hi Maria, thank you for your reply. Ok I am on the case, I will phone tomoz to start the process and hopefully we might have one for her before summer. Thank you again. X
Things can be hard on occasions but well worth it!Heart