• VIP
Hi, my little girl was suppose to start full time mainstream nursery just after her third birthday, she also had a full time LSA. We spoke to the headmaster before she started and said that she would be unable to cope with full time education due to her age and needs, he was very understanding and she was able to do just mornings for the first two terms.

I hope all goes well with you and your able to get this sorted ASAP, Good luck and keep us updated. X
Things can be hard on occasions but well worth it!Heart

• VIP
(05-01-2011, 10:18 AM)ambreen Wrote: why do they want special needs children to do full time so badly? this is something i dont understand?

is it so they dont cope and then they can say ok put them in a special needs school?? i dont know if anyone knows the answer please let me know ......and Mariah your right about us parents know our children well , but they never see it like that do they ..strange ....oohhhh the stress's they give us.

x

Hiya,
I have been told by both Ed Psych & OT that if a child has very severe needs then they need more input, so if the child is in full time then he gets more stimulation & makes more progress than they would at home.
My youngest has GDD and as part of that his speech is very unclear. He hardly had any speech at 2½ when I met his dad and we were advised to get him in full time nursery asap so he was in a 'language rich' environment and would get the support he needed.
While I could see what they meant, this took no account of his other needs - he wasn't ready socially or emotionally, it also seemed to be based on the assumption that I didn't do anything with him at home when actually I did a lot of activities with him and did Makaton training so I could teach him some to help him communicate.
We definitely do know our children better than a lot of the 'professionals' but they often seem to forget that!!

Jayne x

• VIP
(05-01-2011, 10:29 AM)Ilovecake Wrote: Hi, my little girl was suppose to start full time mainstream nursery just after her third birthday, she also had a full time LSA. We spoke to the headmaster before she started and said that she would be unable to cope with full time education due to her age and needs, he was very understanding and she was able to do just mornings for the first two terms.

I hope all goes well with you and your able to get this sorted ASAP, Good luck and keep us updated. X

Nice to hear that some professionals have some common sense and do what's best for the children, we need more people like that working with us and our children!

Jayne x

• VIP
(05-01-2011, 10:29 AM)Ilovecake Wrote: Hi, my little girl was suppose to start full time mainstream nursery just after her third birthday, she also had a full time LSA. We spoke to the headmaster before she started and said that she would be unable to cope with full time education due to her age and needs, he was very understanding and she was able to do just mornings for the first two terms.

ahhh bless thank you and yes i agree with jayne , nice to see some nice people to agree out there and it would make life a bit easier for us if they were all like this,

thanx once again Jayne i see your point, we do so much with our child and the thing is they really know , as they have commented like how well we have worked with him etc etc......

oh dear well thank you very much ladys for all your input into this matter , now i can gladly start my case and gather some evidence and speak to my solicitor (hope they help) and dr

and then see what happens ...wish me luck , well i have beleif that god always helps
so i will let you all know how i get on ........'let me at em ..let me at em ' lol

• VIP
You go girl. Lol. Keep us updated. X
Things can be hard on occasions but well worth it!Heart