• Administrators
What about a special school? Surely they'd be more accommodating to his needs? Or atleast his statement should reflect it. Euan gets tired very easily, at the minute he comes home from nursery and some days falls asleep at 2pm for the night or he'll go in the car at 12 for 4/5 hours! The school have said in september, if he wants to sleep he can, or if he just wants to go somewhere quiet they'll take him to the physio room and read a book and just let him rest. I'm so greatful for this as I too was worrying how he would cope! His statement also says he needs frequent breaks in any activities and support at break and lunchtimes too.

Deffinatly sit down with the school and have a chat, I would speak to IPSEA or PP first, maybe someone could support you in the meeting so you have support off someone who knows the legality. What do your sons health professionals think?xx

• VIP
[/quote]

ahhh thankyou very much for your advice 'get the kettle on' (wow loving the name by the way)

i think it might be worth me having a meeting with the actual school head and senco without the LA and asking them if he can start p/t and see what they say before the LA poisen them

they are only bullying us as we have appealed against the statement so they just finding loop holes Sad

but thankyou once again x
[/quote]

Hi again
that sounds like a good place to start cos if you get them onside then it might help to get his Statement changed with them supporting you. Try asking all the professionals he sees what they think as well before any official meetings, you might need their support. Also get PP advice first cos if you know what the school or LA can do (even if they say not) then you can argue your case better.
My user name came about cos my answer to everything (good or bad) is to get the kettle on and make a cuppa, glad you like it!

Jayne x

• VIP
thanx Lucy but the special schools here are not very good , and i do want to try him in a mainstream school . x

thankyou Jayne x

• VIP
It seems fatigue in our children is very common. When I brought it up with my sons Educational Psychologist, asking how he would cope, she said she would write it into the statement and make sure he got time out. She said she knew of children who went home early at the end of the day, for their own wellbeing.
Also you legally DO NOT have to send your child until the term after they are 5, its not uncommon to do it. Most mainstream children don't because of the social impact it has, but if he has special needs, depending on those you need to make the right decision for your son. Stand your ground, you know your son the best!

• VIP
(05-01-2011, 09:05 AM)MariaH Wrote: It seems fatigue in our children is very common. When I brought it up with my sons Educational Psychologist, asking how he would cope, she said she would write it into the statement and make sure he got time out. She said she knew of children who went home early at the end of the day, for their own wellbeing.
Also you legally DO NOT have to send your child until the term after they are 5, its not uncommon to do it. Most mainstream children don't because of the social impact it has, but if he has special needs, depending on those you need to make the right decision for your son. Stand your ground, you know your son the best!

thank you Mariah , im so suprised you have a good educational psychologist on board ours is trying to get my son to do 5 mornings at nursery asap!! they really have not got a clue

why do they want special needs children to do full time so badly? this is something i dont understand?

is it so they dont cope and then they can say ok put them in a special needs school?? i dont know if anyone knows the answer please let me know ......and Mariah your right about us parents know our children well , but they never see it like that do they ..strange ....oohhhh the stress's they give us.

x