• VIP
We've started the process of using the DFG for moving, will let all know how it goes Smile We got our bungalow.

• VIP
Hi, that is brilliant news, bet you are really excited. I hope the process goes smoothly and as fast as possible.
Things can be hard on occasions but well worth it!Heart

• Registered
Spoke to our council about the relocation grant and no surprises really they do that sort of thing...but on a positive note our offer on the bungalow was accepted and we've binned the OT..it's been a good week.

• VIP
Hi, I'm sorry to hear that about DFG but very happy to hear your offer has been accepted!! When are you hoping to move I bet your all very excited. X
Things can be hard on occasions but well worth it!Heart

• VIP
I was under the impression from our council that it was a national thing that if you were moving because of your disabled child you were entitled to the help. I'm sorry to hear they've not been helpful. They should at least be helping to pay for your moving costs.
Do you mean in your post they wouldn't help you? The DFG should be avaliable to you. We're only just applying now even though our offer has already been accepted. I will ask if this is nationwide or a local thing.
Do you have a new OT yet? We have some problems with ours and most say they are very hit and miss to get a good one. But we shall see how the next therapy goes before we make any decisions.