• Registered
Tell me more please....I would ask our OT but she is absolutely hopeless, struggling to get Erin a wheelchair so I doubt she will help with a home..

• VIP
Do you mean more about the DFG grant? If so we had a referal to the Major Adaptions Team, Housing Services, Dept for Development and Regeneration.
I got the number from my OT, phoned them and talked it all through with the lady. My OT had to make an official referal, but now I am in touch with the person who has the money to hand and makes all the decisions.
This is different from area to area, so you will need to contact your OT and ask etc.
I live in Plymouth, if this helps.
I would contct your OT asap and ask questions about it.

• Registered
Not about the adaptations more about the relocation grant, but if it has to go through the OT we in no luck, just starting the process of putting in an official complaint about her..

• VIP
The DFG can be used as a relocation grant, so they are one and the same. Sorry yes you'd have to go through your OT. It was the process as I explained in the above post. The money for the adaptations in our case is going to be used on moving house to a bungalow. My OT had to agree however my house was not adaptable.
However, OT's work in Teams. If you are putting in a complaint about your OT then you could always ring the OT office and ask to see a different one based on the problems you outline in your complaint. I'm fairly sure (although not %100) that you have the right to ring and change. Part of a choice in NSH system. Could be worth a phone call to get your referal?

• VIP
(04-28-2011, 07:26 PM)Ilandka Wrote: We have just sold our house which was not adaptable at all...and today put an offer on a bungalow that has already been converted for a wheelchair, so fingers crossed we get it...

Hi, any news yet, did your offer get accepted??
Things can be hard on occasions but well worth it!Heart