• VIP
The family fund gave us voucher last year for Haven so we went to Haggerston Castle ... never again. Haven were very accommadating on the phone when we booked; I told them we would need a deck as our son was VI & could not see below his nose and has behavioural issues - "no problem, we deal with Family Fund all the time" so we chose a large platinum with 3 bedrooms; ensuite, surrounding deck out of all doors, booked for a 4 night stay over October half term.

On arrival at caravan no decking; straight to make a complaint but got nowhere. My son could open the doors (even when we'd locked them and removed the keys; if I had a £ for every time he fell out of door or patio it would have paid for the holiday. We lasted 24 hours before we took are keys back. Caravan was very nice - no complaints there; but Haven just wasn't a suitabable holiday destination for us. Needless to say this year we have requested Thomas Cook vouchers from the family fund.

Good luck in sorting yours out though
Good Friends are like stars;

You don't often see them ...
... but you know they're always there

• VIP
2 years ago we went to haven at great yarmouth and had loads of problems. we asked for a 2 bed superior and got a 3 bed standard, and that one was privatly one that haven rent out. Also ours was no way near where everything was. never again. This year we are going to butlins.

• VIP
One thing i forgot to add was have you been on Family fund's facebook page and told them about what happened. i know there have been a few problems with Haven
One thing i forgot to add was have you been on Family fund's facebook page and told them about what happened. i know there have been a few problems with Haven

• VIP
we too went to this site in mabelthorpe paid 600 for a week was surposed to be a top caravan, it was horrible, the sofa was ripped and dirty the carpets too i ddi email and complain but nothing back that was two years ago. dont look like anything changedSad

• VIP
I really think that family fund need to know about all the problems people are having with Haven