• Registered
Hello all.

I'm a married mum of seven children. I'm expecting baby number eight, baby Jake in early September. We went for a scan yesterday as I'm now 21 weeks pregnant, and we were told that Jake has Spina Bifida. We are not sure how severe it is as yet because it is still early days and we still have to see the Baby neurologist next week.
I would really like to hear from other parents who are going or have gone through the same as we are and would like to chat about what we may be up against etc. I know there are other parents out there that are going through this and have been in the same situation, so I know I am not alone, but at this particular moment I feel as if I am.

• Registered
(04-27-2011, 12:37 PM)SugarMama38 Wrote: Hello all.

I'm a married mum of seven children. I'm expecting baby number eight, baby Jake in early September. We went for a scan yesterday as I'm now 21 weeks pregnant, and we were told that Jake has Spina Bifida. We are not sure how severe it is as yet because it is still early days and we still have to see the Baby neurologist next week.
I would really like to hear from other parents who are going or have gone through the same as we are and would like to chat about what we may be up against etc. I know there are other parents out there that are going through this and have been in the same situation, so I know I am not alone, but at this particular moment I feel as if I am.

hi we've been in the same position as you, by little boy is 2 now and has other health issues which is nothing to do with spina bifida, my little boy was diagnosed at 20 weeks with a skin covered myamlingacasiel( thats not how you spell it) which is a bump (as i call it) on his bum, the nuerolist will tell you were the lump or whole is the lower down the spine the less likely they are to have major issues, you may have to have an mri scan why you are pregnant to see where and how severe it is which really helps a lot, with the diagnosis the nuerologst will be really honest with you about what to expect, i know how you feel but belive me they have the most loving attitude to life and determination. hope this helps good luck

• Registered
gypsymaz dateline='' Wrote:
SugarMama38 dateline='' Wrote: Hello all.

hi we've been in the same position as you, by little boy is 2 now and has other health issues which is nothing to do with spina bifida, my little boy was diagnosed at 20 weeks with a skin covered myamlingacasiel( thats not how you spell it) which is a bump (as i call it) on his bum, the nuerolist will tell you were the lump or whole is the lower down the spine the less likely they are to have major issues, you may have to have an mri scan why you are pregnant to see where and how severe it is which really helps a lot, with the diagnosis the nuerologst will be really honest with you about what to expect, i know how you feel but belive me they have the most loving attitude to life and determination. hope this helps good luck

• Registered
Hi I'm reann I'm neally 30 I have 5 Children and exspecting my other baby in august , my little girl Ashley is 4 and as spina bifida/ hydrocephalus , I don't no if you can get on to facebook as Im finding this hard getting messages on here , it's alot to take in when you first get told about your baby everything for us was a mess as my sister died 40 odd years ago with same thing but was given no help with her doctors and things ave changed these days , I felt lost alone and scared but getting the right help and support you'll get there , u can contact Asbah there even on fb they are fantastic and will give u all the support and advise you need ,i have alot of friends on fb who ave spina bifida / hydrocephalus or ave children with it so if you are on fb it be good for you to see pics and get support aswell and I'm sure once u see Ashley ull realise these Children are perfect aswell and jake will be aswell ,