• Registered
Hi my name is Keely and i am new to this forum. I am looking for some advice really. My daughter Sophie is 7 and had just been diagnosed with GDD. I dont really know much about this only what i see in Sophie, and i dont really know what is going to happen from here. I have looked on the internet but there doesnt seem to be much information about it. Any information that i have found have been for children much younger.
If anyone is in the same situation or knows anything about GDD i would love to hear from you.
Thank you

Keely xxx

• Established member
hello, my son as severe delayed development, im not sure what the difference is between GDD is it if it is unexplained? josh had a bleed in the brain so thats where his problems started.What issues is your daughter facing? x

• VIP
Hi my son is gdd and it just means that your child is delayed in more than one area . My son is only 3 years old , and have knowing since he was 7 months old . Really there isnt much info out there , its like viral infection term they know there is an issues but unsure of why . Have they said about doing any test on your daughter ? What are her problems xx
Single mum to a 14year old daughter and a son who is 3years old who has severe learning disability , hypotonia , hypermobility , visual impaired and sensory issues , he has showed me the meaning of life Heart and 3rd baby due 2nd of January 2012

• Registered
I too have a child with global developmental delay and she is 16 now. As meagain has said, it just means delayed in more than one area and generally means they do not have a clue what the problem is, what may have caused it and what to call it!! It varies from child to child and you will find most of the tests they carry out will come back negative.
My daugther has commnication difficulties, although unerstands pretty much everything that is said to her but can not verbalise back very well (although she ALWAYS manages to let you know what she wants!). She has hypotonia (floppy muscle tone, so is wobbly), an ataxic gait (walks with her feet wide apart for balance), she has nystagmas (eye wobble) and due to her floppy muscle tone, suffers from constipation, although she manages fine on bisocodyl tablets now.
Your daugther may have none or some of the same things and may have some others that my daughter doesnt have.............the GDD just means that she has problems in various areas.
I am fortunate in that my daughter is healthy and happy and a pleasure to be around so I hope you are as lucky with your young daugther :-)

• Registered
(04-27-2011, 09:55 AM)keelytrott Wrote: Hi my name is Keely and i am new to this forum. I am looking for some advice really. My daughter Sophie is 7 and had just been diagnosed with GDD. I dont really know much about this only what i see in Sophie, and i dont really know what is going to happen from here. I have looked on the internet but there doesnt seem to be much information about it. Any information that i have found have been for children much younger.
If anyone is in the same situation or knows anything about GDD i would love to hear from you.
Thank you

Keely xxx