• Registered
(04-27-2011, 06:43 PM)loussie2 Wrote:
(04-27-2011, 05:42 PM)Mellc Wrote: Really pleased to report, at the tribunal today we went from LRC to HRC and LRM. It wasn't the best way to spend an afternoon but they were pleasant and gave me plenty of time to talk. It was a bit off putting that a rep from the DWP was there who asked questions as well, but he shook my hand on the way out, even that wasnt to bad.
The thing i would say to anybody is the worrying beforehand is far worse than the actual tribunal itself.

I'm so glad it went well for you, I must admit I am really worrying about mine. Do you mind me asking how long you were there for?

Louise x

Well the time of my hearing was 2.50, but they rang up first thing to say the 2pm had cancelled so could i come earlier. I got there about 1.35, the tribunal clerk comes into the waiting room tells you who the panel are and asks if you have any additional paperwork you want to submit.
I had 2 letters that i thought they already had but i gave them to her anyway. i went in at 2 on the dot and i came out at 2.55 so 55 minutes. I had a DWP rep there which i gather there isn't always but he leaves the room with you (although not in the same waiting room) while they make their decision. They told me it would be about 15-20 minutes but it was just over 3 and myself (i didn't have a rep) and the DWP man went back in and were told the outcome.
If theres anything else you want to know i'm more than happy to try to help x

• VIP
(04-27-2011, 07:01 PM)Mellc Wrote:
(04-27-2011, 06:43 PM)loussie2 Wrote:
(04-27-2011, 05:42 PM)Mellc Wrote: Really pleased to report, at the tribunal today we went from LRC to HRC and LRM. It wasn't the best way to spend an afternoon but they were pleasant and gave me plenty of time to talk. It was a bit off putting that a rep from the DWP was there who asked questions as well, but he shook my hand on the way out, even that wasnt to bad.
The thing i would say to anybody is the worrying beforehand is far worse than the actual tribunal itself.

I'm so glad it went well for you, I must admit I am really worrying about mine. Do you mind me asking how long you were there for?

Louise x

Well the time of my hearing was 2.50, but they rang up first thing to say the 2pm had cancelled so could i come earlier. I got there about 1.35, the tribunal clerk comes into the waiting room tells you who the panel are and asks if you have any additional paperwork you want to submit.
I had 2 letters that i thought they already had but i gave them to her anyway. i went in at 2 on the dot and i came out at 2.55 so 55 minutes. I had a DWP rep there which i gather there isn't always but he leaves the room with you (although not in the same waiting room) while they make their decision. They told me it would be about 15-20 minutes but it was just over 3 and myself (i didn't have a rep) and the DWP man went back in and were told the outcome.
If theres anything else you want to know i'm more than happy to try to help x

Thank you, might sound a silly question, but should i dress as if going to a court hearing? Also do they question you and try to trip you up? I suffer from anxiety and depression and if they're going to be nasty I dont think i'd be able to hold it together x

• VIP
Hi glad it all went well for you xx
Single mum to a 14year old daughter and a son who is 3years old who has severe learning disability , hypotonia , hypermobility , visual impaired and sensory issues , he has showed me the meaning of life Heart and 3rd baby due 2nd of January 2012

• Registered
they certainly didn't try to trip me up, only perhaps one question asking how my son used his mobile phone or ipod, i guess if you were lying you'd quickly reply that he was fine with it. but as my son wouldn't know what to do with one it didn't matter.
i don't think you need to dress up as such, but i dressed in a smart trousers suit, i think this just shows respect for the situation.

• VIP
(04-28-2011, 02:24 PM)Mellc Wrote: they certainly didn't try to trip me up, only perhaps one question asking how my son used his mobile phone or ipod, i guess if you were lying you'd quickly reply that he was fine with it. but as my son wouldn't know what to do with one it didn't matter.
i don't think you need to dress up as such, but i dressed in a smart trousers suit, i think this just shows respect for the situation.

Thanks for all your help, really appreciate the info x