• VIP
Hope that you get on ok. We was turned down for moblity so have put in an appeal

• VIP
(04-24-2011, 05:50 PM)Mellc Wrote: Hi, this is my first post so hello to everyone. I have a 10 year old son with ASD, hypermobility syndrome, and dyspraxia. We got turned down for DLA April 2010, after reconsideration we were awarded LRC. So appealed again, finally going to tribunal next Wednesday.
My son's consultant was going to be my rep but has been struck down with a nasty bug and is in hospital herself,so can't attend. I don't want to postpone so i'm going alone.
Like so many other people it would seem, the schools report let us down. Stating things like he is only slightly behind when its over 2 years, not bad when you have only been at school for 4 1/2 years!! according to them he has NO behaviour problems. and totally road safety awareness, funny this as he has NEVER been out of the school gates during school hours.
He has now moved school as he was been bullied, the new school had him for only 2 weeks and said his SEN statement needed to be increased. It has in fact just been doubled to 0.8 from 0.4.
The decision not to award MRC or HRC was taken in September last year, the letter i have from his new school is dated November. Will they take this into account or just say he has deterioted?
I know its alot to ask but could anyone look at the two main pieces of evidence i have and give me their honest opinion? The lady from CAB said it will be a walk in the park......famous last words!!!
Thank you in anticipation

I have an oral appeal hearing on May 18th so cant really offer any advice, just wanted to wish you luck x

• Registered
Many thanks for all your help and good wishes. i will be back here tomorrow and let you know the outcome.

• Registered
Really pleased to report, at the tribunal today we went from LRC to HRC and LRM. It wasn't the best way to spend an afternoon but they were pleasant and gave me plenty of time to talk. It was a bit off putting that a rep from the DWP was there who asked questions as well, but he shook my hand on the way out, even that wasnt to bad.
The thing i would say to anybody is the worrying beforehand is far worse than the actual tribunal itself.

• VIP
(04-27-2011, 05:42 PM)Mellc Wrote: Really pleased to report, at the tribunal today we went from LRC to HRC and LRM. It wasn't the best way to spend an afternoon but they were pleasant and gave me plenty of time to talk. It was a bit off putting that a rep from the DWP was there who asked questions as well, but he shook my hand on the way out, even that wasnt to bad.
The thing i would say to anybody is the worrying beforehand is far worse than the actual tribunal itself.

I'm so glad it went well for you, I must admit I am really worrying about mine. Do you mind me asking how long you were there for?

Louise x