• VIP
(05-18-2011, 04:23 PM)Daniel Wrote: How frustrating Exclamation
In regards to them considering what was done in the application it does seem they did follow the legal standard in which they are considering the appeal and on what grounds it was turned down and cant be seen to basing it on newer evidence of any kind.
Nothing stops you now putting in a new claim and if you need any assistance with the claim form and the wording i would be happy to help Smile
More often than not a person gets turned down simply on choice of wording for example:

Joe Bloggs needs his nappy changing lots throughout the day and night.....
Becomes more effective when worded:

Joe Bloggs needs frequent changing both throughout the day and night and in a typical day we can expect to change him X times and when changing this can take upto xxx minutes due to.......
In terms of the night time changing Joe Bloggs on a typical evening will require X changes and this can cause......

It is very important to fill in as much detail as possible as the claim form is a small snapshot of your childs life and how things impact on them.

As i said im happy to help you out if needed Smile

Im sorry today didnt go well and all i can really say is if you know your child better than them dont give up fighting this.
But for this evening try and put it at the back of your mind and recharge your batteries before the battle recommences Blush

Thank you Daniel. One quick question, I received the new claim pack today, should I fill in the 'child reference number' bit with the number from the last claim? or leave it blank? Will anything thing from the last claim be taken into consideration or will this form be treated like its a brand new claim-as if it's the first time i've applied?

Thanks

• Administrators
(05-21-2011, 05:04 PM)loussie2 Wrote:
In regards to them considering what was done in the application it does seem they did follow the legal standard in which they are considering the appeal and on what grounds it was turned down and cant be seen to basing it on newer evidence of any kind.
Nothing stops you now putting in a new claim and if you need any assistance with the claim form and the wording i would be happy to help Smile
More often than not a person gets turned down simply on choice of wording for example:

Joe Bloggs needs frequent changing both throughout the day and night and in a typical day we can expect to change him X times and when changing this can take upto xxx minutes due to.......
In terms of the night time changing Joe Bloggs on a typical evening will require X changes and this can cause......

It is very important to fill in as much detail as possible as the claim form is a small snapshot of your childs life and how things impact on them.

Im sorry today didnt go well and all i can really say is if you know your child better than them dont give up fighting this.
But for this evening try and put it at the back of your mind and recharge your batteries before the battle recommences Blush

Thank you Daniel. One quick question, I received the new claim pack today, should I fill in the 'child reference number' bit with the number from the last claim? or leave it blank? Will anything thing from the last claim be taken into consideration or will this form be treated like its a brand new claim-as if it's the first time i've applied?

Thanks

Leave it blank....
Fill the application in as your needs dictate they are now.
So if things are more severe now and more needs are there than at the time of the orginal application then fill it in as it stands now.
The claim assesor may possibly look at the previous application if for some reason they were to suspect something such as fraud for example.
An example would be Joe Bloggs gets turned down for a bad back on first application but writes something daft like he runs the marathon but on the next application he writes he cannot walk at all then this sort of thing would obviously be cross checked.
However as you are completing the claim in an honest way the assessor is duty bound to assess your claim on the needs and evidence provided.
Therefore the assesor is duty bound to consider the case in full based on the evidence supplied and this is where you must be red hot on evidence.
Complete the claim form with everybit of detail possible and also what sort of medical evidence can you supply and what is this likely to say?
Looking for sensory toys at affordable prices then look no further

Sensory toys for children with special needs CLICK HERE

• VIP
(05-21-2011, 05:28 PM)Daniel Wrote:
(05-21-2011, 05:04 PM)loussie2 Wrote:

Thanks

Leave it blank....
Fill the application in as your needs dictate they are now.
So if things are more severe now and more needs are there than at the time of the orginal application then fill it in as it stands now.
The claim assesor may possibly look at the previous application if for some reason they were to suspect something such as fraud for example.
An example would be Joe Bloggs gets turned down for a bad back on first application but writes something daft like he runs the marathon but on the next application he writes he cannot walk at all then this sort of thing would obviously be cross checked.
However as you are completing the claim in an honest way the assessor is duty bound to assess your claim on the needs and evidence provided.
Therefore the assesor is duty bound to consider the case in full based on the evidence supplied and this is where you must be red hot on evidence.
Complete the claim form with everybit of detail possible and also what sort of medical evidence can you supply and what is this likely to say?

I have letters from paediatrician summarising each app we've had, charting the deterioration of his behaviour, what meds he's been prescribed, referrals to adhd nurses and pyschologist. The last letter dated 15th april notes that he is falling behind at school due to his behaviours

also have a brief statement from his teacher saying about his toilet problems and lack of concentration issues

On the form itself on the last bit where its optional to have a brief statement from someone who knows the child. one of the mums at the school is filling this in for me and she is a community learning difficulties nurse.