• VIP
Hi all

I have an oral hearing appeal on 18th may. I would really appreciate any advice or peoples experiences on the oral hearing process.

This dla claim/appeal/tribunal has been going on since Oct 09 and i really dont want to mess up at the hearing

Many thanks
Louise x

• Registered
I cant offer any advice but would just like to wish you good luck! Is it an appeal after being refused?

Kel X Smile

• VIP
Same from me, I hope that all will go well and your child gets what they deserve.
Are you taking anybody with you? We will be going through the same soon to try and get HR for mobility, we are taking a parent representative from Cerebra with us.
Things can be hard on occasions but well worth it!Heart

• VIP
(04-24-2011, 11:27 AM)Ilovecake Wrote: Same from me, I hope that all will go well and your child gets what they deserve.
Are you taking anybody with you? We will be going through the same soon to try and get HR for mobility, we are taking a parent representative from Cerebra with us.

Thank you both. I have been refused by first tier and then appealed to upper tribunal who agreed that the original panel were wrong on a point of law and set aside the decision and ruled that the case should go before a new panel. This is because the original panel refused the claim on the basis that we didnt have a diagnosis which was the wrong hing to do as DLA guidance states you do not need a diagnosis to to apply for dla. However at the last hospital appointment the paediatrician confirmed our son does have adhd so I dont know how this will affect the appeal hearing? Hope this makes sense!! x

• Administrators
The important thing to remember is that the hearing was set aside on a legal techincality and as such the foundation of the hearing in regards to evidence would have been heard and the decision made on these grounds.
Since the first hearing have you been able to compile stronger reports and evidence detailing more the needs of your child and showing the issues your child faces?
As in all honesty if you were to go with what you went with last time it sounds like it maybe as difficult this time and im truly hoping other than the formal diagnosis there are more contributing pieces of evidence and detail that will leave the panel with no doubt in regards to your childs needs?
Have you been given legal advice and support in regards to this?

What additional information has been put forward this time that wasnt there first time?

The problem with these sort of hearings is i get the impression is that they treat everybody with a sense of maybe your lying so we should dig as opposed to maybe the truth is there but we need to find out the full extent of the issues faced if this makes sense?

What sort of evidence are you submitting?
Looking for sensory toys at affordable prices then look no further

Sensory toys for children with special needs CLICK HERE