• VIP
Hi all Hope every one is well and having a fantastic easter weekend!
I was just wondering if any on else's little one has Autisum and while out but i have noticed that when he walks he has funny habits as in when he walks he likes to bend over with his arms behind him he also wants to act like something as in yesterday he wanted to be a chicken so he started doing chicken noises and clucking very loudly and acting like a chicken in the middle of a shop. Today he decides he wanted to act like a dinosor * and started growling in the house hiding behing the sofa growling then ran out and started eating dinner with his face in the bowl Has any one else had to deal with this any advice would be great thanks. Gemma xx
xxxxx I am the happiest woman alive i have my perfect family xxxxx

• Registered
hiya. i know where your coming from. i have a son with autism and he is often a dog rather than a boy. he too will eat his dinner with his face in the bowl, crawl around barking at people and has now started to bite my trouser legs. he will do this at home as well as outside and in shops. i dont really have any advise but i am just letting him get on with it and hoping he will just grow out of it. its kinda become way of life for us. just wanted to let you know. josie xx
hiya. i know where your coming from. i have a son with autism and he is often a dog rather than a boy. he too will eat his dinner with his face in the bowl, crawl around barking at people and has now started to bite my trouser legs. he will do this at home as well as outside and in shops. i dont really have any advise but i am just letting him get on with it and hoping he will just grow out of it. its kinda become way of life for us. just wanted to let you know. josie xx

• VIP
hi thanks for your reply we just let him do it but i dont like the way people look and roll there eyes becuase of the noise, my ds has a thing for licking he will just sit licking his whole arms or me this has only been the last few months now and he hasnt seen his doc since dec they keep putting his appointment back Sad

(04-23-2011, 08:07 PM)josie1983 Wrote: hiya. i know where your coming from. i have a son with autism and he is often a dog rather than a boy. he too will eat his dinner with his face in the bowl, crawl around barking at people and has now started to bite my trouser legs. he will do this at home as well as outside and in shops. i dont really have any advise but i am just letting him get on with it and hoping he will just grow out of it. its kinda become way of life for us. just wanted to let you know. josie xx

xxxxx I am the happiest woman alive i have my perfect family xxxxx

• VIP
Hi, my little girl just finds it hard to walk properly-most of the time she will jump and skip while walking in town!! We practice daily how to walk and put one foot in front of the other! When we work with her and make her aware of her walking she is fine but then will be soon back to skipping and jumping when not being reminded!!! People do stare, tut and look but I have said to people on several occasions "do you like staring at children with special needs" they soon look away and walk the other way!Blush
Things can be hard on occasions but well worth it!Heart